cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Secondary phones not connected

Ayman5
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I recently upgraded to full fibre. They came and put a new box in the wall. Now my phone is connected to the back of the router. However the other phones in the house no longer seem to be connected. Is there a solution to this?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

@Ayman5 

I've heard that if you disconnect the old BT telephone line from your existing internal telephone socket network, and then connect the phone socket behind the router, to one of the existing phone sockets on the wall, then the rest of the existing phone sockets on the wall, should be live. I haven't tested this.

Bill

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on? If you have cordless phones connected to a main base station then the main phone would connect to the router. Any extension sockets would no longer work.

Michelle

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Your phone connected to the back of the router, is it a cordless phone base unit, and how many other handsets does that base unit have?

If that base unit has enough handsets, then no further phones are required in older telephone sockets. So they can be ripped off.

Bill

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Ayman5,

Are the other telephones connected directly to hard wired telephone extension sockets?

Chris

0 Likes