cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Wiring issue?

rjdown
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Some time ago, Openreach were installing fibre at my neighbour's house and it took my internet down. They managed to get it back up again, but said it was likely due to a brittle or broken wire. Every time someone closes my front door (next to where my cable runs through), my internet cuts out, so that seems to suggest they are correct.

I have tried a couple of times to explain this to chat support but they refused to investigate further, or send anyone out, because my internet was working at the exact moment they ran a line test. Very frustrating. I had considered standing at the front door and constantly opening and closing it while they ran a test but they are so slow to reply to any message during a conversation (2-3 minutes at least) that I'd be there all day again.

This has been happening for months now. I work from home, so I need stable internet. What's the best way to escalate this? Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

Our team have confirmed that they will be looking at this now so they should contact you shortly.

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes