cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

eero 6 connection

DukeofLancs4207
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I recently upgraded to fibre 150 which involved the use of an eero 6 router. This works OK with my desktop and tvs but not with an old laptop, which can no longer connect to the internet via wifi - as I was able happily to do with the original. I guess that the two are simply not compatible and as I can't connect to the internet, I can't see how I can download the latest software/legacy or anything else for that matter. Is is likely that I will still be faced with this incompatibilty if I connect via an ethernet cable or alternatively is there a possibility that it might work if I connect eero to an old router. Looks like I will also need a switch as a router with only two ports is a bit sad.

2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

Thanks @KeithFrench 

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

First of all, have you actually enabled legacy mode within the Eero app, that is essential? To do this:-

1. Tap Settings on the bottom right of your screen

2. Now select Troubleshooting

3. Tap My device won't connect

4. Then choose My device can't detect Wi-Fi 6

5. Toggle Legacy Mode on

A gigabit ethernet switch is down to you, there are some 5 port models very cheap these days.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes