cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Port Forwarding

njr1972
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hi

I have Fibre65 and the Talk Talk Hub2 router.

I am trying to set up some port forwarding.

The routers interace, is not the greatest and its very slow. BUT I have to use this router as I have a VoIP landland.

All I want to do is a port forward as in the attached image, but its not letting me & its not telling me why.

Can anyone please advise ?

Thanks

TalkTalk Port Forward Issue.png
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. I will feed this back to the team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hi

Nothing has been reset by me, so you should have been able to access router.

When I originally called TalkTalk support, I explained TWICE that it looked like my router was faulty and I begged them for a new router.

But I was told that the only way I could get a new router was to pay more for a faster connection, which is unbelievable.

My issue had been going on for too long, so I HAD to buy my own router - I have installed this & everything is 100% working fine.

I had no option but to buy my own router, since telephone support refused to help.

This community support has been fine, but since the majority of people will telephone for support - they need to be a lot better & stop trying to upsell.

Please close this case with thanks

Message 3 of 26

Hello,

Our Devices Team have advised that they have tried to check the connnection logs but it looks like your router has been reset so they couldn't check this information. Have you reset the router over the last 48hrs. They have asked if you could try the port forwarding again and provide the date and time so they can take another look.

If you didn't reset the router then I think we should send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Morning,

I'll see what our Devices Manager says today to the example date and time and if they are unable to see any issues then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 26

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Has a replacement 5464 been tried?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Good morning,

Thank you. I've passed this information back to the Devices Manager now and I will keep you updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

I have tried again for the forth time, same result.

22/5/24 9:23pm

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Morning,

Our Devices Manager has advised that we've tested this but have not been able to replicate the issue that you're experiencing. They have asked if you can try this again and provide the date and time that this has failed and we can check the logs on our side to see if we can see any possible issues?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Thanks @KeithFrench 

We are just waiting for our Devices Team to come back to us.

We will post back as soon as we have further information.

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 26

Just before I login to the 5464, the web interface displays 'Device Ver: FAST 5464-1.T4'

After I login, it displays under Device Info, 'Hardware Version FAST5464 2.00'

Maybe they are the same thing.

Bill

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 26

Another possibility @Michelle-TalkTalk and @njr1972 is that this is only affecting hardware revision 1 (I have hardware rev 2, which might be why I can't replicate it). The similar bugs with the 5364 only affected hardware v3 & I have v4.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hello,

Thanks @KeithFrench  I'll pass this over to our Devices Team now to ask if they are aware of any known issues with port forwarding on the Wifi Hub 2. I'll post back here as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 26

I am sorry, but this is a fairly advanced topic and an area that the call centre does not seem to know what they are talking about. If nothing else, the TalkTalk support staff on this forum will ask me to get involved.

The best way forward is to get this passed over to the TalkTalk devices team to see if they can replicate it & if so, they will forward it to Sagemcom as a bug. I know there have been issues of a similar nature with their other router - the FAST 5364 and from what I have been told these should be fixed in the next firmware release. I can not confirm if this will be the case with the 5464, even though they share the same firmware revision.

I'll ask TalkTalk to pass this over now for you.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Yes, but since I was told "hmm, maybe the router doesn't port forward" it seemed pointless.

Stanger as ALL routers for the past 2 decades have port forwarding

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Keith, you have been awesome - thank you.

My issue is with the poor support from TalkTalk - they don't understand the issue and cannot call me back.

Yes, I did a factory reset and its the same.

Thanks very much for all your help

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 26

Hi @njr1972 

I know all about port forwarding and have been trying to help you. I did ask you to try a factory reset of your 5464, as I cannot replicate your problem on my 5464. Did you ever try this?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi njr1972

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, did you try the factory reset?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

I am disgusted with Talk Talk and plan to leave as soon as possible.

I have had 2 long phone calls with support and they don't seem to understand anything, not even the simple term "port forwarding".

During the last call I was told "just follow the instructions" and then "Maybe the router doesn't do port forwarding".

I made a complaint and ANABELLA (Manager, but not a very good one) was supposed to call me back with a booked call.
But of course, why would anyone do what was asked ?  No calls, wasting my time.

VERY poor service from TalkTalk, as usual.

But Michelle, thank you for checking in - as least there is one person who can do their job.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes