cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Some devices unavailable since firmware update

londondad
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

For the last week (since around Wednesday 5th April) several devices in my home haven't been available - smart doorbell, smart heating...  Others like the TV, laptops and phones are working fine.  Something similar happened about a year ago and it was resolved by rolling back a recent firmware update.  I'm guessing it's a similar cause this time.  My router is currently on SG4K100158.  The last record I have of a firmware version that worked well was SG4K10002829t.  Please could you push this old version back to my router asap to see if this fixes the issue.  I really need to make some changes to my heating timer!

Many thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi londondad

Ok thanks for your reply.

Just so you are aware, the new firmware should be pushed out to all Sagemcom hubs over the next few months.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Thanks, but actually no thanks.  I managed to find the firewall settings last night.  It was set to custom, as I have several custom rules I've set up over the years (although non specifically for my work laptop, video doorbell, or heating thermostat, as far as I know).  Changing this to medium did allow all these to work.

I'm still a little uncomfortable that the firewall settings are now unnecessarily relaxed, and I will look into switching back to custom and creating rules for these devices in when I have time.

But for now, no, please don't push the new firmware to my router.

Thanks again 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi londondad

I can ask our Devices Team to push the new firmware to your router which should resolve this issue. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

londondad
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk .  I can't find a general link to Firewall settings, or a general Firewall High/Medium setting, but from the Dashboard if I go to Manage your devices > Manage Advanced Settings  > Click on the device in question > Firewall tab, I can see a list of Firewall rules for that device.   Actually it seems to be a list of all firewall rules for all devices.

But I don't think I ever had to set up any special firewall rules for the devices I'm having issues with (my work laptop which connects via a VPN, and my Nest Hello video doorbell).

If there is a general High/Medium firewall setting, please can you give me directions to find it?

Now that this is affecting my ability to work from home, like last time this happened in January 2022, I really need to fix this asap.  So, until the next firmware update hopefully fixes the issue, please could you push the old firmware SG4K10002829t on to my router?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi londondad

The issue with the firewall levels will be resolved in the next firmware version coming very soon.

If you log into the router admin page then you should find the firewall settings.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks, please could you tell me where to find the firewall settings?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

There have been instances of the update having the inadvertent effect of setting the router firewall level to "High" rather than the correct default of "Medium." Check your settings, adjust if appropriate and let us know if that fixes things. 

0 Likes