cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Support for total fibre installation

Susan5050
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 92 of 92

I recently switched over to full fibre and the installation process was an absolute nightmare. One reason being that I didn't realise the BT engineer only brings the fibre line into your home and knows nothing about setting everything up. I found myself with nothing working including my landline which I need as a necessity. An additional problem was that I was sent out a router that didn't have enough ports  I had to pay a company to come out on an emergency basis to get me connected. I did complain and my complaint has been dealt with (not smoothly). 

Anyway even after all that I am considering upgrading to I think it's called total home fibre. Obviously though I wouldn't want the same scenario I've just went through. I'm not technically minded enough to set everything up myself and I am on your vulnerable list so it would be impossible for me to try and do it with phone support from yourselves as my health would cause me difficulties. 

I could be wrong but I was told that other providers offer a full installation service where someone comes out to look at where your second router can go and when it's ordered an engineer visits and makes sure everything is set up and working.  Unless I can have that I can't upgrade as I can't tackle any of it myself. Is something like this not provided if you choose to pay for it? 

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

Message 21 of 92

Hi Debbie

I had a call from a private number which only rang once & as soon as I answered hung up. The reason I think this could have been the call from the manager is I have had that happen previously. Obviously as there is no number (private number) you can't call back. I had success before when I asked them to call me after 3pm so I more or less had a rough calling time. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 92

Hi Susan

The Complaints Manager has told me they will be calling you today.

Thanks

Message 23 of 92

Hi Susan

No problem. Please let us know how you get on (If you would prefer to reply by Private Message this will be fine)

Debbie

Message 24 of 92

Thanks Debbie

0 Likes

Message 25 of 92

Hi Susan

I have escalated your existing complaint to our CEO team and a complaints manager will contact you to discuss this further.

Thanks

Message 26 of 92

Hi Debbie

No I'm not.

I can raise another complaint about this though as I understand it's possibly outwith your control. I will do that today as it's something technical need to look into.

Thanks 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 92

Hi Susan

I completely understand and apologies again for the issues you have experienced.

Are you still in contact with the complaints manager?

Message 28 of 92

Morning Debbie

Thank you for finding this out and none of the following is directed at you.

Everything (eero) was disconnected by the engineer and the Hub2 fitted.. I them as instructed to do returned everything to TalkTalk.

I know you have tried everything for me to get my service up and running and I appreciate that but I am not satisfied at not being able to fully access my account and use services such as check my line and importantly do a speed test to ensure I am receiving the service I pay for in my contract. I don't know what can be done but I would not be able to stay with a company that can't provide what I've signed up for.

Changing back to eero is not an option as it created problems hence the advice once escalated to a complaint for me to change to Hub2. Whilst everyone on this forum have been very helpful I can't say I'm happy at all with all the problems changing over to fibre has caused me. It's been absolutely awful taking up a huge part of my time. I was never informed as far as I know in my contract that if there were problems with eero I would be tied to it indefinitely.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 92

Hi Susan

We've been advised that My Connection is still detecting that the eero should be connected to the line.

In order to use My Connection at the moment you would need to reconnect the eero and stop using the hub2, apologies for this.

Do you still have the eero and DVA? (digital voice adapter)

If you would prefer to keep using the WIFI hub then this will be fine but you wont be able to run connection tests using My Connection and this router.

Thanks

Message 30 of 92

Morning,

Thanks for the additional update. Hopefully the team will get to the bottom of this soon. We'll post straight back here as soon as we hear more.

Have a lovely day

Michelle 🙂

Message 31 of 92

Morning Michelle

Thanks for  the information.

Yes I still can't do a line check or speed test. It still keeps directing me to use my eero app to do anything which I no longer have as I'm on Hub2. I have uninstalled the eero app.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 92

Hi Susan,

No further change on the speed test issue as yet so we'll continue to chase this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 92

@Debbie-TalkTalk @Susan5050 

My pleasure!  🙂

0 Likes

Susan5050
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 34 of 92

Hi ferguson

Much appreciated.

Thank you

Message 36 of 92

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk, there was a link cunningly (too cunningly?😉) embedded within the pic I posted earlier. Here it is in in full for ease of reference, an example, not a recommendation as such I might add! 2 pin is fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Telephone-Extension-Landline-Standart-Availiability/dp/B07SXCQXPS/ref=sr_1_...

Message 37 of 92

Hi Debbie

Thanks for doing this.

ferguson did kindly attach a picture but when I went to purchase I was asked if I needed a 2 pin or a 4 pin.

Thanks 

Message 39 of 92

Hi Michelle

I don't have the voice box now as I don't have the eero. I'm not having problems with my line anymore either but I want to make it neater by using the BT -RJ11 cable. The adaptor I'm using is was one I had the BT engineer must have removed the original adapter.

My phone cable now goes directly to the back of my Hub2.

No issues with adapter at all I just need to know the exact BT to RJ11 cable to purchase? Is it a two pin or four pin? Is there anything else I need to look out for regards purchasing the correct one?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 92

Hi Susan

I'm just checking with the team now about the speed/line tests and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

In regards to the cable, you have the Hub2 router then you can connect without the adapter, however I'm not sure if you were having issues with your phone and connecting directly to the router/voice port. Is there any reason why you don't want to use the phone adapter?