cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Support for total fibre installation

Susan5050
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 92 of 92

I recently switched over to full fibre and the installation process was an absolute nightmare. One reason being that I didn't realise the BT engineer only brings the fibre line into your home and knows nothing about setting everything up. I found myself with nothing working including my landline which I need as a necessity. An additional problem was that I was sent out a router that didn't have enough ports  I had to pay a company to come out on an emergency basis to get me connected. I did complain and my complaint has been dealt with (not smoothly). 

Anyway even after all that I am considering upgrading to I think it's called total home fibre. Obviously though I wouldn't want the same scenario I've just went through. I'm not technically minded enough to set everything up myself and I am on your vulnerable list so it would be impossible for me to try and do it with phone support from yourselves as my health would cause me difficulties. 

I could be wrong but I was told that other providers offer a full installation service where someone comes out to look at where your second router can go and when it's ordered an engineer visits and makes sure everything is set up and working.  Unless I can have that I can't upgrade as I can't tackle any of it myself. Is something like this not provided if you choose to pay for it? 

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

Message 81 of 92

Hi Susan5050

Please can you send me a Private Message?

0 Likes

Message 82 of 92

Hi

Is there no way of discussing my needs with you other than on here? I am registered as one of your vulnerable customers and I don't feel comfortable discussing everything on a public platform but unfortunately cannot get the support I require on the phone lines or live chat. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 83 of 92

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion, did you wish to discuss an upgrade or a fault with your service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 84 of 92

Can I please reply by private message ?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 85 of 92

Thank you once again.

Message 86 of 92

@Susan5050 you can't reply to a notification email - it's a no-reply  address.

Post responses on the thread unless staff ask you to use PM.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 87 of 92

Hello,

Can I just confirm, is your broadband and voice service currently working at the moment please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 88 of 92

Hi 

I'm sending a reply but not certain if I'm doing it correctly. I prefer not to post all details on a public forum but yes I still need help.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 89 of 92

Morning,

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 90 of 92

Hi Gilwmaeden2

Thank you so much for these links and information. I will have a look at it and use when I ask about upgrading. I was surprised at what happened and obviously should have came on here first before changing over.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 91 of 92

@Susan5050, there could have been a visit arranged to get you set up and the system tested, not just the initial infrastructure visit from Openreach. 

Described here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-Full-Fibre-is-installed/ta-p/2555166

They should have made you aware that this was available. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

You can also find lots of support articles using the community forum search engine. 

For example:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-two-routers-with-Full-Fibre/ta-p/2730737

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.