cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Support for total fibre installation

Susan5050
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 92 of 92

I recently switched over to full fibre and the installation process was an absolute nightmare. One reason being that I didn't realise the BT engineer only brings the fibre line into your home and knows nothing about setting everything up. I found myself with nothing working including my landline which I need as a necessity. An additional problem was that I was sent out a router that didn't have enough ports  I had to pay a company to come out on an emergency basis to get me connected. I did complain and my complaint has been dealt with (not smoothly). 

Anyway even after all that I am considering upgrading to I think it's called total home fibre. Obviously though I wouldn't want the same scenario I've just went through. I'm not technically minded enough to set everything up myself and I am on your vulnerable list so it would be impossible for me to try and do it with phone support from yourselves as my health would cause me difficulties. 

I could be wrong but I was told that other providers offer a full installation service where someone comes out to look at where your second router can go and when it's ordered an engineer visits and makes sure everything is set up and working.  Unless I can have that I can't upgrade as I can't tackle any of it myself. Is something like this not provided if you choose to pay for it? 

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

Message 1 of 92

Hi Susan

Thank you for letting us know. 

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

Message 2 of 92

Hi Debbie

I expect you will be finished for the day but just want to update you for your return.

I was called as arranged and it was explained that unfortunately because eero was originally installed it cannot be taken off my account as it comes with the package I have. So although I no longer have it in the house my account details can't be changed over to the Hub2 without downgrading me to a lower fibre speed. I was assured it won't cause me problems in the future regarding my package  having a different router and that I'm still getting everything I should do with the fibre 150.

This means that the Hub2 prevents me from using services such as speed test and line connection test. This of course isn't ideal but at least my phone line and internet are working fine with the Hub2. The agent I spoke to said he would pass my feedback on such as more training for the engineers and also the full fibre technical team. 

I'm hoping that as things progress with full fibre situations such as mine will be more easily solved and that at some point I will be able to continue with a higher package but  also receive all my account services. My complaint is now closed and I thank you and the others on here who supported me and gave me advice.

Thanks

Message 3 of 92
0 Likes

Message 4 of 92

Hi Debbie

That's great I will be able to take their call.

I very much appreciate you monitoring this and arranging that for me.

Thanks 

Message 5 of 92

Hi Susan

The complaints manager has advised that they will contact you tomorrow by phone from 3pm. Hope this is ok?

Message 6 of 92

Hi Susan

No problem. I will pass on your message now and ask them to contact you by phone after 3pm.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 7 of 92

Hi Debbie

If they are calling they will get me after 3pm.

Thanks 

Message 8 of 92

Hi Susan

I will chase for an update to see if I can get any more information for you.

If the manager does call you when would be the best time to call?

Message 9 of 92

Hi Debbie

No not heard anything yet.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 92

Hi Susan

Did you receive a reply to your email yesterday?

Message 11 of 92

Hi Debbie

Fantastic thanks. 

Yes hopefully team work can sort this out as it seems strange so will be good to get a response not just for me but for others to make them aware of this if it's a definite fact. 

Thanks 

Message 12 of 92

Hi Susan

Yes no problem 🙂

The Complaints Manager should also contact me to provide an update. Team work to try and get this fully resolved for you.

Message 13 of 92

Hi Debbie

Thanks for offering me that option. I have emailed him back so hoping I'm going to be able to respond that way. I've asked him to look into what some people on the forum are saying regards technical fibre team removing the eero from my account. 

If it's okay I will keep you updated on how it goes?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 92

Hi Susan

Would you like me to ask the complaints manager to call you at a specific time to discuss further?

Message 15 of 92

Hi Debbie

Yes thank you I got contact by email which was great as the best way to contact me.

I'm questioning the response though as he said the only way to get my account services check back is to connect an eero router back up again. Apparently services checker won't ever work with my Hub2 as the eero is still connected to my account and impossible to remove. 

As said I'm not in the least technically minded but some posts on here seem to suggest the eero can be removed by the fibre technical team. It does seem strange if this router can never be fully removed even though not even in my home. I do not want the eero back as the Hub2 is working well the eero did not do as well.  Obviously if I had known having the eero installed would then have prevented me ever being able to use my service checker on my account I would never have tried it.

Unfortunately I have never had success speaking to the technical department and the engineers who came out admitted themselves it was to complicated for them other than bringing the fibre cable in to the property.

Thanks 

Message 16 of 92

Hi Susan

Did my colleague make contact with you yesterday? They may also have sent you an email?

Message 17 of 92

Hi Susan

Ahh no worries, thanks for letting me know.

Message 18 of 92

Hi Debbie

Just to let you know just after writing that last message I got an email from another company advising me they had an issue with their lines so couldn't reach me by phone. So it was them that called once then hung up.

Apologies about that.

Thanks 

Message 19 of 92

Hi Debbie

It could have been anyone. I'm just assuming as I previously had that problem a good few times and no voicemail Even if a voicemail was left it would happen again one ring then hang up. 

I won't assume it was them this time though but should I not have contact from them I will let you know. I'm confident you will deal with it for me if I have any issues getting the call.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 92

Hi Susan

This may not have been the complaints manager. Did they leave a voicemail message?