cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Support for total fibre installation

Susan5050
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 92 of 92

I recently switched over to full fibre and the installation process was an absolute nightmare. One reason being that I didn't realise the BT engineer only brings the fibre line into your home and knows nothing about setting everything up. I found myself with nothing working including my landline which I need as a necessity. An additional problem was that I was sent out a router that didn't have enough ports  I had to pay a company to come out on an emergency basis to get me connected. I did complain and my complaint has been dealt with (not smoothly). 

Anyway even after all that I am considering upgrading to I think it's called total home fibre. Obviously though I wouldn't want the same scenario I've just went through. I'm not technically minded enough to set everything up myself and I am on your vulnerable list so it would be impossible for me to try and do it with phone support from yourselves as my health would cause me difficulties. 

I could be wrong but I was told that other providers offer a full installation service where someone comes out to look at where your second router can go and when it's ordered an engineer visits and makes sure everything is set up and working.  Unless I can have that I can't upgrade as I can't tackle any of it myself. Is something like this not provided if you choose to pay for it? 

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

Message 61 of 92

Hi Debbie

Thanks for your support it's appreciated and as I've said before what's letting TalkTalk down is not on here but the fibre technical department and the engineers (well the one's I've encountered). 

Thanks for the. link regards the phone set up. I've noticed some posts on the forum asking if you need a particular type of landline phone especially if you are connecting the main one to the router with other wire free ones around the house i.e a pack of four phones. There have been answers but some are a bit technical for me to understand so I hope you can give me a simple answer?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 62 of 92

Morning Susan

The landline service will work with the HUB2 router. You would just need to connect the phone to the voice port on the back of the router. I've included a help guide below,

Problems using your digital phone service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 63 of 92

Hi Debbie

The connection seems to be okay now so hopefully fixed but I won't know for sure until I've been using the phone a lot. However,it's certainly not cutting off on short calls or even longer calls. I still can't go into my account and look at how my connection is doing or do a speed test. I could do all that previously but now get the message there is a fault regards me doing that or sometimes it flashes up I'm not authorised to do it. The engineer said as well that there was a fault his end because he was getting the message my landline number wasn't recognised.

As you can imagine I was not at all amused to be told my landline wouldn't work unless I changed back to a eero router.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 64 of 92

Hi Susan5050

How's the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 65 of 92
0 Likes

Message 66 of 92

Hi Debbie

Can I pm you please?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 67 of 92

Hi Susan5050

Great, thanks for confirming.

Would it be ok to connect the new router to the line or do you still prefer a TalkTalk engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 68 of 92

Hi Debbie

It looks like my old router except it has a gold coloured background. The product number on the paperwork is TTSCOMFAST5464 and it says Hub2.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 69 of 92

Hi Susan5050

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, is this a WIFI hub 2 router?

0 Likes

Message 70 of 92

Hello Debbie

Just to let you know a router arrived this evening. This may be the one you ordered for me but as I said the technical department were confused so they may have sent it especially as it arrived at the wrong address. If another arrives I will of course return it 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 71 of 92

Thank you.

Message 72 of 92

Hi Susan5050

Thanks for your reply. I will check in again with you next week.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 73 of 92

Hi Debbie

Thanks for contacting me. I'm waiting on the router arriving and will let you know when it's here. There may be some notes on my account from yesterday when I had a conversation with the technical department about something else but they were very confused so the notes they made won't be accurate. I will post on here and keep in touch with you to handle things for me once the router arrives.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 74 of 92
0 Likes

Message 75 of 92

Hi Susan5050

It's no problem and apologies again for the delay.

I will check in again with in a couple of days (or if you post back here first once the router has arrived)

Thanks again 🙂

0 Likes

Message 76 of 92

Hi Debbie

Thank you very much for doing this for me. 

My apologies for panicking about the delay and I appreciate you have worked on this as fast as possible. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 77 of 92

Hi Susan5050

Apologies for the delay. We are experiencing issues with notifications when we receive a message.

Thanks for confirming your details. I've requested that a HUB2 router is sent. Please allow 48-72hrs for this to arrive.

Once you have received the router then please can you post back here to let me know, I can then arrange a TalkTalk engineer visit to take a look at the set up.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 78 of 92

Thank you for making me aware that's how it works.

Message 79 of 92

Did you send her a PM, @Susan5050?

Some staff start the day c 6am, so they are not going to be on here in the late afternoon. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Susan5050
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 80 of 92

The last communication I have had was over 5hrs ago with Debbie. Perhaps she finished for the day but couldn't tell me?

0 Likes