cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

TALKTALK HAVE CANCELLED MY FTTP BROADBAND WITHOUT TELLING ME - STILL GOT 2 YEARS LEFT ON CONTRACT

Eggpie
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

I am on my knees praying that somebody can help me. Been with TalkTalk 15 years always had fibre 65 broadband and a copper connection for my phone line. We are home workers so need WiFi and kids need WiFi for their schoolwork. Out of the blue yesterday the broadband did not work. Spent 6 hours yesterday talking to robots in the Philippines who did not have a clue how to help me. Just got passed around different departments and then getting hung up on a few times. Another 3 hours this morning with absolute clueless staff at TalkTalk robots. Finally been told that because my street which was dug up two years ago by City Fibre and the street is now ready for full fibre TalkTalk have now cancelled my fttp broadband and cannot reconnect me because I have a copper connection for my phone. I am at my wits end dealing with TalkTalk and I am locked into a 2 year contract till June 2026. There are no uk call centres that can help me and I just get passed around the Philippines robots who are useless. 

All I want is TalkTalk to reconnect my broadband and put it beck to how it was. Zero communication from TalkTalk warning me they would turn off my fro broadband they just went ahead and did it.  How can we sort this car crash out ? Do I need to call TalkTalk and buy another broadband deal though I am locked in to fibre 65 and copper phone contract till June 2026 or can TalkTalk press a button and just switch it back on ?

The customer service is an absolute disgrace.

PLEASE PLEASE ANYBODY AT TALKTALK WHO CAN HELP A CUSTOMER OF OVER 15 YEARS

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

It says FTTP disconnected on my account and that’s what the Philippine robots told me also. I have never experienced such bad customer service ever……TalkTalk are god awful.

is there a uk call centre option ?

They have turned off my broadband but cannot help me or can tell me why or how they intend to fix their mess. 

nhs workers who cannot log on to do their work plus our children can’t schoolwork as we have no WiFi.

TalkTalk have staff and support structure not fit for purpose it’s disgusting treatment of a client of over 15 years. 9 hours solid this morning and most of yesterday on the phone to a merry go round of a Philippine call centre talking to clueless robots.

how do you keep calm in situation like this TalkTalk are clueless and nobody can help me. We can put men on the moon but cannot press a button to reconnect the broadband that TalkTalk for some reason tuned me off. My contract for fibre 65 and the landline phone runs out June 2026

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

You mention FTTP being switched off, but if you still have the copper landline, was this Full Fibre65 with copper left behind?

Or do you mean FTTC, which meant that the last bit to the house was copper, and fibre was only to the cabinet, both broadband and phone line using the last copper bit?

Normally if the phone line still functions that would mean it was just a broadband fault.

The whole scenario of being switched over to Full Fibre and switched off your Internet connection in such a random manner is precisely what is NOT meant to happen with any of the switch over. 

You'd usually lose the landline first anyway.... 

Whatever the truth behind all this, @Eggpie, there's only support via Chat on Sunday. No phone lines before Monday, so you are safer trying to keep as calm as possible in this difficult situation and staff should reply during the day on Monday. 

They start work any time after c 6.30am, so look out for their support any time after that.

If you have a complete loss of a service, once it's sorted, you should be awarded compensation automatically within 30 days of the resolution. 

Please read:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 23 of 26

Hello again Ferguson 

yes the broadband was turned off yesterday without any warning at all. Our landline phone still works as normal. We are locked in to a fibre 65 and landline phone contract until

June 2026 yet TalkTalk do this to us without any warning and worst still the staff in the Philippines are clueless on how to help me or fix the issue or even tell me why they’ve done this. The final call today the lady said it’s because our street now has full fibre and because we have a copper landline they’ve switched off the fttp broadband ? Is this true ? We are beyond desperate for help we need the broadband on back working immediately. This is an emergency for our family and we have nowhere to turn.

you mention the support team not back until Monday so are you a uk based support team ? If so how do I call or contact you directly to sort this mess out. Me and my wife have already missed a day off work as we are without any internet because of TalkTalk causing this mess. I also have two children who cannot log on to homework. 

do I call TalkTalk tomorrow and chance it with the Philippines staff to try and buy broadband from them somehow and keep my landline. I do not trust any of them to help me they are beyond useless.

thanks 

Message 24 of 26

Thank you I have updated my profile. I cannot describe how terrible the customer service is at TalkTalk. 9 hours solid over the last two days talking to robots who do not have a clue. Like a ping pong ball getting bounced from robot to robot. Do TalkTalk not have a uk based call centre with people who know how to treat clients and know what’s happening instead of reading off job cards and scripts. Why in gods name would TalkTalk cancel my broadband when I am locked into a contract until June 2026 without even telling me.? We are NHS workers who rely on WiFi to do our jobs. Our children need WiFi to do their course and homework yet TalkTalk have just destroyed all of this and all their staff do not know how to help or give any sensible reason why my fttp has been cancelled. I am stranded here banging my head against a wall with a company whose staff are absolutely clueless. Is there a uk based team who can help ? If so what’s there phone number please ? We need the WiFi turning back on immediately 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

I am struggling to understand what exactly has happened here, but the important thing seems to be that you have lost your service, is that right? 

Unfortunately, the support team here won't be back online until Monday. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.