cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Tado

CliveO
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Will be setting up my new Eero router next week, and in advance I have a question on connections. Currently I use a Tado thermostat that requires an ethernet connection into my existing router. I see that Eero has two ethernet connections, one of course being for the fibre connection inwards. So this leaves only one connection, which I assume will work with Tado. But I often use a wired ethernet connection as well for a remote building. My question is how does the Eero mean that you can only use one ethernet connected device at a time?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Clive,

I can see that Gondola has answered your question, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I use a 5 port Gigabit unmanaged network switch connected to the eero user port to increase the wired ports to 4. The small device size of the eero meant that the number of Ethernet ports was limited by design. But unmanaged network switches are very low cost.

I've used this one and the equivalent one in a metal case. Prices are typically in the range from under £10 to £20. It's a low consumption powered device so will need a power outlet connection / power extension or multi-adapter.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution