cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

TalkTalk refusing to deactivate, even though I have switched to VirginMedia

ajneelam007
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

TalkTalk Customer Support is refusing to deactivate the broadband and telephone package service , even though I have switched to VirginMedia. Virgin Media, new provider,  is claiming that they don't inform previous providers because they are not part of OpenReach. The telephone number is ported to VirginMedia,  and I am not on any contract with TalkTalk. Still TalkTalk is refusing to deactivate the account. This is a tactic by TalkTalk to get the payments. I am now caught between 2 providers and paying for both! Their customer service is appalling.

There needs to be more regulation on these providers and protection for customers from these broadband providers.  

We should be allowed to deactivate/discontinue the service when out of contract through the web account or app. We shouldn't be forced to call the Customer Support multiple times getting no effective help/support from them. I have wasted so many hours on this, this is causing me stress, inconvenience and loss of money. 

1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

to place a cancellation for any service you do need to call our Customer Loyalty Team directly, and as per the terms and conditions, give 30 days notice for a cancellation so that any final bill can be prepared and openreach orders raised for an engineer to disconnect the services at the exchange.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes