cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How on earth do you cancel your UFO account with TalkTalk?

Quixoticish
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I tried calling this afternoon. Was told it was the wrong department, they transferred me to FutureFibre. This was wrong, they transferred me elsewhere. They had to speak to someone, who transferred me to another person. This went on until I had been on the phone for 45 minutes, being transferred six times. The final time the person on the other end had a huge delay and only heard what I was saying 15 seconds after I had finished speaking. He took my number, I think, and promised to call back, but no call back ever came.

I've cancelled the direct debit with my bank as it's all a bit of a farce, but I'd still like to speak to someone. I've moved away to another provider who connected me up without fuss and who answer the phone immediately. All I want to do is properly cancel with TalkTalk, is there a number that puts me straight through to the right place?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Quixoticish

Im sorry that you couldn't get through unless you cancel the service or transfer to another provider there will be a new bill generated, cancelling the direct debit may cause issues and late/non payment fees. 

We can only ask that you continue to call us, I appreciate its not ideal.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

I don't owe them any money. I'm fully paid up until the 24th, and given that the UFO service is due to be taken offline on the 29th I really couldn't care less. My time is my business (I teach private lessons) and that 45 minutes is time I could have had another lesson booked in. If it carries on they're going to be owing me money.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Quixoticish, see the phone number mentioned and advice given here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/UFO/Is-it-impossible-to-cancel-a-UFO-contract/td-p/2961484#M3306

Staff are away now until Monday. 

The last thing you should do in this situation is cancel your Direct Debit  - literally. Any problems with the cancellation are best sorted out with that still in place. If Talktalk owes you any money, you'll now have to have it sent by cheque, and, if you owe them any, you will run the risk of fees if payment fails or is overdue, which could affect your credit rating.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes