cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrading to full fibre with VOIP and a wired router

AlexCrane
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

The assumption is made that neither a landline nor a wired router is needed.  I run a 10GB wired network and have two "offices" in my house, one for myself and one for my wife.  The router and main connection point are upstairs in a bedroom used as one of the offices.  The amount of information available beyond "we come and upgrade you" is totally absent.  The general goal is to have all copper lines replaced by the end of 2025. (The assurances being made about emergency phone connections will not last past the first serious power outage.)  I have no confidence that a standard team coming to upgrade my broadband would not leave me with no broadband for a considerable period.  I have talked to customer support when previous offers to upgrade were made, but have no confidence that customer support understood the problem or could provide a contact who could.  How do I have sensible discussion and get a plan in place prior to upgrading?  

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the Community. If you have any specific questions please let us know and we'll be happy to help

There's more information here - Full Fibre Broadband | FTTP Checker & Provider | TalkTalk

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes