cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

VOIP calls cut off by incoming call

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

I have full fibre 150 and VOIP via a Grandstream adapter. If I am speaking on the landline and someone else tries to phone me, it cuts off the current call.

Is there some setting I need to change or is this a feature of VOIP?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

OK Paul I've disabled it. Could you leave it an hour to let the change go through and then retest 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Chris

I think it is worth a try. I don't really need Call Waiting and if it is this which is causing a problem, then let's try turning it off.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Paul,

Would you like me to turn off call waiting? I should be able to do this

Chris

0 Likes

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Hi Michelle

I'm pretty sure the issue is with the Call Waiting system because it's happened again and the caller said she'd had a message "the person you are calling knows etc..."

The only issue is that I can't see how to turn off the Call Waiting system. The 'My Account' section says I've got it but I can't find out how to stop it. The #43# code you gave me doesn't seem to stop it either. I don't really need the Call Waiting feature, especially since it is this that seems to cause a problem when we are already on a call. Is it something you can do your end?

regards

Paul

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Paul,

Ok thanks for trying this. If this is still happening then I'll pass this straight over to our faults team.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Michelle

I can't see any option to add or remove call waiting. In My Account it states that it is provided free.

I typed in the codes you supplied. The code which you said would tell me if Call Waiting was active did not give any message. I then typed in the code which you said should turn off Call Waiting so perhaps we wait and see if that's worked.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi,

Just to add to my last post. Could you try step 3 below as this will confirm if Call Waiting is active on the line.

HOW DO I USE CALL WAITING?

Using your touch tone phone:

1. Dial * 4 3 # to switch it on.
  2. If you hear the alert and you’d like to switch between calls, just press R or the Redial button.
  3. To check if Call Waiting is active, dial * # 4 3 #
  4. To switch off Call Waiting, dial # 4 3 # at any time
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi again,

Ok, does it give you the option to add the Call Waiting in your My Account? If it does then could you try adding this then once it shows as active then remove this again please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Michelle

It's just happened again. My wife was talking on the phone when there was a beep and the call cut off. She did not touch any buttons on the phone. The caller tried to call back but was told there was a call waiting. After 2 minutes the caller could call back. I can't see any call waiting that was missed.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Paul,

Can I just confirm, before I pass this over to our Faults Escalation Team, when the call cuts off, do you know that someone is calling you? Do you hear any message or beeps? Does the person calling you hear any message? When the call drops does the 2nd call then come through to you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Hi Michelle,

My Account shows I can have the following free add ons: Caller Display, Three way calling, Call waiting and Last call barring.

When I click on Manage Services it seems like I am only subscribed for 2 of these, Caller display and Last call barring. So it seems that I am not signed up for Call waiting and I don't see any options either for signing up for it or discontinuing it.

And yes I think this problem I have is not new and we have noticed it many times before. However it is difficult to be specific as it is not that often that 2 people call at the same time.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have Call Waiting set up in your My Account at all? Has this only started happening? Could you also try resetting the DVA adapter and then try testing this again please.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes