cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Parents left without service

KathJamieson
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi,

My elderly parents upgraded their service last week and it's gone terribly wrong.

They're now without the internet or a land line until the 6th of January!

They just need to be reconnected.

We're on the other side of the country and feel helpless. 

Is there really nobody who can reconnect them until then?

Feels awful not having them connected and relying on old mobile phones. They're in the 80's. This isn't right, surely?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

I'm sorry for the delay, I know it must be inconvenient and frustrating

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Parents called customer service this evening.

They have been told the earliest an engineer can come out and reconnect their landline is the 29th of January!

Honestly, it's a joke.

They can't believe it.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi KathJamieson

"I'd love to but they won't give me account number because they know I will "interfere".

I've left their names and land line number in my private notes. But their land line has been cut off too. But that's all the info I have"

Unfortunately we can only take a look if the account holder has asked for you to do so. As you have advised they wont provide you with the account holder then we will be unable to assist on the Community, sorry.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Parents said they have no landline at all. No dial tone. Nothing. 

It was "cut off on the 20th of December and left with wire poking out of a box outside".

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

I'll ask tomorrow 👍🏻

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

It's probably worth asking them to check if the old service still works as they may not have ceased it as there's a delay with the new service

Chris

Message 7 of 21

Not as far as I know. But I'm not 100%.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

So just to confirm, your parents old service doesn't work at all now? There is no dial tone on the telephone line?

Chris

Message 9 of 21

I appreciate that.

I was just trying a stab in the dark to see if anyone could help.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

There was a problem with the installation and everything got very rushed, then Christmas happened and they were left with a box with wires poking out. 

It's hard to describe as I live on the other side of the country and this is just what they tell me.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi Kath,

I'm sorry but we really need confirmation that you have permission to act on behalf of the account holder.

Chris

Message 12 of 21

@KathJamieson, did your parents specifically ask for their phone number to be kept and VOIP with their order?

If it's not ordered together with the upgrade, it doesn't happen  - and it all gets rather complicated finding a remedy.

Staff back on here tomorrow to follow up.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 13 of 21

I'd love to but they won't give me account number because they know I will "interfere".

I've left their names and land line number in my private notes. But their land line has been cut off too. But that's all the info I have. 🙈

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

OK thanks. Could you add your parents name and account number to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

Message 15 of 21

No, nothing.

They were told before Christmas an engineer wouldn't be available until the 6th.

My parents, not wanting to upset anyone or anything have left it at that.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi Kath,

How are you getting on, has anything further happened since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Staff will be back from Tuesday this week, @KathJamieson.

Chat is open Monday (9am - 6pm).

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Phone support only available for people already registered with accessibility needs, until Tuesday. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Redirect-Articles/TalkTalk-s-accessibility-features/ta-p/2228441

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

No. My parents haven't persued any further action.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, did you manage to contact our Faults Team directly since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

All you can do at the moment is to try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. No one from TalkTalk will be on this forum until Wednesday now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?