cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Possibly faulty eero pro 6

grayelephant
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12
I am experiencing random intermittent disconnects, packet loss and extremely high latency on my eero pro 6.

This causes disconnects in services such as online gaming and choppy video conferencing that randomly disconnect.

This started last week with no  changes to my network, we have attempted re-starting / re-setting the eero.  In the eero app and in third party wi fi network analysers, do not show interference or congestion on both the 2.4 and 2.5 GHZ wi fi bands, this occurs on all devices whether on wi fi or ethernet.

I don't believe this to be caused by buffer bloat, as it occurs even when no other device on the network is utilizing the network heavily.

I suspect the eero pro 6 is faulty, is Talk Talk able to run any diagnostic tests to check for any hardware faults and send a replacement eero pro 6.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi grayelephant,

The email is sometimes automatically generated when an eero is sent but the email appears to be sent in error, just ignore it. Apologies for any confusion

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

As well as mentioning the charge for the Eero, the email also mentions that there was a change to my contract, and it lists a new contract start date, and it mentions the price increasing with inflation in April. I did not agree to a change to my contract.  So what is this email referring to please.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi grayelephant

Apologies, this must be an error, there will be no charge for the replacement eero.

A charge would only apply if the old eero wasn't returned using the returns bag.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Debbie

I have received an email saying I have been charged £129 for the the replacement eero, no charge was mentioned when you offered to send me it, I assumed there would be no charge as I am under contract with talk talk and the eero is faulty?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi grayelephant

I've ordered this for you now, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Yes please, how long would it take to arrive as the disconnects, packet loss and latency issues are very annoying. Speaking of returns I still have an old ONT and an old wifi hub Sagemcom router from when I was on the old UFO service, what should I do with these, can I put these in the returns bag as well? As the engineer just left them and said he wasn't taking them with him and he didn't say what to do with them.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Good morning,

Would you like us to send a replacement eero for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the eeros can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

In that case, I agree with you. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and check your Eero for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 10 of 12

The 5 ghz channel is 104, but as it occurs over ethernet as well, I think there is a problem with the Eero itself not a wifi interference problem.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

What channel within the 5GHz band is your Eero using? It isn't channel 155 by any chance is it?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?