cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

VOIP issue

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have Fibre 150 using Eeros and a grandstream VOIP box.

The internet is very good delivering 150mbps reliably and I have been using the Grandstream box for many months with no real issue. Now when I try to make a call everywhere is engaged and nobody can call me. I have been on live chat for an hour with someone who clearly does not understand full fibre and VOIP (keeps asking me to plug my phone directly into the wall box even though I told her many times I don't have a phone line). Eventually she transferred me to the "next team" who deal with full fibre but an hour later there's no reply.

Does anyone here have experience of a similar problem?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Modelman,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic (so we don't get mixed up) and we can investigate this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Michelle, My setup is still down. I've done all the reset's as well as plugging the DVA straight into the ONT for a full update. Everything appears as normal with 3 blue lights on the DVA until you dial out. I get the dialling tone and can make a call. The person answers and is cut off in exactly 5 secs every call. This is how the problem started 24hrs ago with cut offs every 5 seconds. Incoming calls are cut off instantly.

The random constant engaged tone that also happened yesterday has appeared to have gone. 

So for me, the fault is unchanged.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi PaulE,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Good morning,

Yes the phone is working fine now. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hello,

Just to update my last post,

We’re aware that some Full Fibre Digital Voice (VoIP) customers are currently unable to make and receive  calls.

Latest update: 08:10am 13th December 2023

Service has been restored, we recommend if you're still being affected, to power down both the eero router and the Grandstream digital voice adapter and use the factory reset pin, this will clear the issue.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Morning,

This incident has now been resolved. Is your voice/voip service now working ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

See Service Status Dashboard:

Screenshot_20231212-181216_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for the reply. If TalkTalk had posted this it would have saved hours on the phone!

0 Likes

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Please see the other posts. It's seems this is effecting a lot of people and is a DVA fault on the system.