cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

WAN IP address

DanTT
Team Player
Private Message
Message 57 of 57

Hello

I have a problem during setup of my eero pro 6. 

FC70CC79-4687-41AB-BFC4-D53CDF978DE9.png

12E69751-9A5B-4639-AC1B-63583AC37779.png

 I have tried everything to make it work but all the time the same issue. 
I have upgraded to fibre 500 from fibre 35 and now I don’t have any broadband.

I have read that the issue was that customer profile wasn’t updated to fibre and maybe is the same for me. 

Could anyone help me please!

0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 41 of 57

Exactly, but somehow TalkTalk cannot get to the bottom of the problem

0 Likes

Message 42 of 57

If there is no WAN IP coming from TT no matter what you do your end it will not fix the issue. You say you have plugged a laptop directly in to the ONT and that didn’t work. That should be conclusive enough that the issue is outside your control.

Message 43 of 57

That’s the instruction from eero which I followed and problem persist. 

Instructions on how to power cycle:
Step 1: Unplug Main Gateway eero () from power
Step 2: Unplug Modem from POWER ONLY
Step 3: Wire the Gateway eero and modem together, by the Ethernet cable
Step 4: Wire the eero into the LAN, LAN #1-4, or Ethernet Ports, NOT THE WAN PORTS
Step 5: Set a timer for 3 minutes (DO NOT have any DEVICES, laptops, switches, TV, game consoles, etc. wired into modem or Main eero, DO NOT UNPLUG THE WIRES FROM INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, EX. COAX CABLES, CABLE COMING FROM WALL INTO MODEM)
Step 6: On your phone settings, Turn Bluetooth ON
Step 7: On your phone setting, Turn Wi-Fi OFF
Step 8: After 3 minutes, plug the Modem into Power
Step 9: Let the Modem come online fully (when the lights on the modem are Solid, NOT Flashing)
Step 10: Once Modem is fully online, Power up Main eero
Step 11: Wait until Main eero is Flashing Blue to Start Setup via eero app
Step 12: Start Setup via eero app

what can be the issue plzzz

0 Likes

Message 44 of 57

The Future Fibre team are looking into this, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 57

OK thanks, I'll pass it back to the future fibre team

0 Likes

Message 46 of 57

I did connect my laptop with Ethernet cable straight to ONT and still nothing. 

0 Likes

Message 47 of 57

Could you just try connecting a device directly to the ONT and if it's then still not working I'll pass it back to the Future Fibre team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 48 of 57

Still not working

0 Likes

Message 49 of 57

I'm sorry about this, just to confirm, is it still not working this morning?

Chris

0 Likes

DanTT
Team Player
Private Message
Message 50 of 57

At 3pm I have received an email that my line should now be working and to give feedback. Came back home, power cycled ONT and router.

Still not working and still the same issue. 

Wasted 2 days of holiday for engineers to visit my house and tell me that everything is setup how it should be. 10 hours on the phone and multiple times on live chat. 2 different eero routers. Internet should be working 5 days ago but instead I got my old broadband switched off straight away while full fibre was/is not ready. 

I have tried setup by Bluetooth and by serial number. Tried iOS and Android device. 

I have also contacted eero support and I got response with step by step what to do. Followed every step, everything is how it should be, all the lights on the ONT and router are correct. Tried different Ethernet cables and no luck. 

I have asked on the phone with TalkTalk to bring my old broadband back while I wait for full fibre to be working. I was promised that old broadband will be live on the same day or next day. One hour later I got email confirmation stating start date as 7 March. 

I am running out of ideas how to get it sorted.
 I should only be present at the installation and all should be setup, tested, confirmed by me that is working and happy customer. 

Instead I have to go through all of this…

81EEB57A-FEC7-4C9F-9067-910731A85410.jpeg

66AE0758-90BB-4FAD-BECC-7C3B3965E46E.pngFA0E83BB-7F5D-4413-9A30-4705B72F6A97.pngB25028B4-70A3-4AF5-B4D9-E800453BE930.jpegC27A6BB4-A1FF-4815-84E4-8725C26D749D.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 51 of 57

Hi Dan,

I've passed this over to our future fibre team and asked them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 52 of 57

Hi my ont have 3 green lights. It’s nothing on my side as I already had 2 engineers sent by you and 2 router. I was told on the live chat that my account is not set properly. Can we get it sorted please

Please see pics

D453F0CF-4A8D-4CDE-8523-C2330A8AFDC4.jpeg316ADE78-C30B-49F4-B496-221FDD9F870F.jpegAB27FC39-DD8B-4E36-85D7-741B5D428E6C.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 53 of 57

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Which lights are on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

DanTT
Team Player
Private Message
Message 54 of 57

I have had second router delivered today and it’s still the same issue. I don’t know where to go. Spent 3 hours on the phone with customer service and I was told to wait and it should eventually work. 

DanTT
Team Player
Private Message
Message 55 of 57

I did try that and no Internet. I have tried also with 3 different cables. 

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 56 of 57

Seems to be a common issue lately. Just to double check you can plug a laptop directly in to the ONT to see if you can get internet access.

0 Likes