cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Internet dropping out constantly

pickle456
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

We've been having real problems with our WiFi the last few weeks, and today even with my laptop directly connected to the router via an ethernet cable. I work remotely from home and today I really struggled to join and stay in meetings.

I've tried resetting the router by turning it off and leaving it for half an hour before turning it back on again. The hub is on my desk right next to my laptop and not behind any furniture or books.

I can't run a connection test because we were upgraded to full fibre last October and still have the copper line.

Can someone advise? It's much worse now than before we had full fibre!

12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Charlotte,

Great, thank you 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Michelle,

Sorry for the late reply! I was away last week so will check how the internet is this week and let you know if it seems to be fixed.

Thanks,

Charlotte

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi,

Thank you. We've ordered the replacement router now and it should arrive in the next 48-72hrs. We'll check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Michelle,

Yes no problem! What info do you need from me to send it out?

Charlotte 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. If the wired connection is also dropping but the lights are not changing on the ONT then I think we should send a replacement router just to rule this out. Would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Michelle, we only got this router at the end of October after being moved to full fibre so doubt that's the problem. We've had problems with the WiFi for some weeks now but this week even the wired connection has been terrible! 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi,

No the router stays white and all the other lights are green.

Charlotte

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, do any of the lights change on the ONT or the router when your connection is dropping?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes