cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

What does full fibre box/installation look like - video please.

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

TT have information on how Full Fibre is installed, but it is all on animated diagram form.  Can I suggest it would be really useful if you had an actual video with demonstration and pictures of the box, details of wiring, electricity etc. that would be installed (with dimensions would be really helpful).    Plusnet have a proper video, so surely TT could too.    This would give a lot of people help deciding how it will look and where best to site it all in their homes.      

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree, this would be useful. I'll feed this back to the team who create our Help Content.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Why couldn't TalkTalk provide something like this, so annoying to have to search elsewhere for this sort of thing.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thank you rgbrown1 for your very helpful pictures and comments.  It has only served to put me off even more though.   I  have the same scenario  in that my router attached to  pc by ethernet cable is upstairs  back.  New way would be for router downstairs front sending wireless signals etc. etc.   I have had my arrangement for ever and have no desire to change it at this point in time.   That aside,  whoever decided to use a black box for inside the house?  I actually  have nowhere to put the thing that will  be out of sight and the ugly wires trailing everywhere and general messy look in my hall (where it will have to go) that I will end up with is unacceptable.   I have also heard various complaints about the signal and need for boosters and all sorts.    I absolutely cannot be doing with any of it at the moment.    Anyway - thanks for the photos - no doubt others will be pleased to see them.    

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Hi GBy123,

Thanks for your suggestion 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Oh yes and the internal box (ONT if you need to search) is hidden behind the sofa in the first photo.  

0 Likes

rgbrown1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Here are some photos of the CityFibre installation we had done a fortnight ago (20/09/23).  They were fairly quick and efficient.  The optical cable comes from a telegraph pole across the street and then runs down the wall to the external connection box.  We had them put it on the brick instead of the rendered portion which makes it less noticable and makes it easier for when we get around to repainting, though I noticed a neighbour has painted theirs black to blend with the black part most of our houses have in the street.  

I have to say though that this is more of a case of installing because that's the way things are going not because we want it  or because it's better (we don't and it isn't); in fact for our uses it's not better but a little worse, though that's not TalkTalk's fault).  The router is now at the front of the house and my computer is upstairs at the back of the house, so I need to get some kind of extender, probably ethernet rather than wifi, as I have now an almost unusable signal. It is good if I sit next to it with a laptop but that's not what I do.  Also whereas we always just had the router on when we needed it, and turned it off at night or when out, it now has to be on all the time for our landline.  So with the extender we will need to have more items left on/plugged in ( I realise we are unusual in doing this), more electronics just to do what we did before; but hey at least it's progress!(?)

Hope this helps a littleCables  2Cables 2Cables 1Cables 1Internal Box 1 (cd for size)Internal Box 1 (cd for size)INternal 2   (screws and  external hole cover)INternal 2 (screws and external hole cover)External (cd for size)External (cd for size)External 2External 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

The actual ONT you end up with will depend on who is providing the full fibre, normally Openreach or City Fibre. The same will be the case for Plusnet customers, so you could probably gain some information from their video.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes