cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

NO INTERNET - EERO APP SETUP FAILS ON WAN IP ADDRESS !

Holmley18
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 41

Has full fibre installed yesterday but like many people it is failing to find WAP IP address when trying to connect eero app.    Talktalk as ever unhelpful and said could take 24-48hours to install - what a joke!!! How can you remove former internet & then leave customer without internet for this long…..and then we don’t know if the time will resolve it.   Already have a complaint with TalkTalk re the 3 months taken to get engineer to install fibre & this is causing problem with working from home.   Spoken to eero and TT numerous times but no joy.   What can I do???? 

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 1 of 41

Thanks! And really appreciate all the detail.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 41

Before escalated Open Reach (OR) engineer came out we had another OR come into house & he tried his best to get ONT box rebuilt by some remote techs.  He put his phone on speaker so I was able to listen to attempt to rebuild….but as I said before the ONT box seemed to be working - it just wasn’t pulling internet for outside into it.  Once talktalk agreed this (but we could have told them that from outset) and sorted engineer with right level of expertise/qualifications it was an easy fix.   Unfortunately you’ll just have to keep pushing them.  I feel your pain as I’ve never had such a stressful experience & we’re only just now resolving getting compensation for the disruption (although nothing extra for the inconvenience & upset).    Really hope you get sorted soon.  

Message 3 of 41

Thanks for the reply.

Glad all has been well since up and running, shame about the pain to get there!

Yes, i'm not confident that the replacement hardware will bear fruit, especially when i was told over the weekend that an openreach engineer would be needed to attend, contact me once they start work and confirm once done (none of which have happened).

0 Likes

Message 4 of 41

Hi

We did finally - but only when TalkTalk eventually arranged for an engineer with a higher status to do work as problem was in main junction box outside.  It took him less than 10 mins to sort.   Thankfully that engineer was good enough to come into property too and check ONT and eero fully working before he left.  It’s worked perfectly since.  

we too were fobbed off with equipment fault so took a lot of pushing for engineer.  Very stressful.  Good luck & hope get sorted soon!  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 41

Hoping you got online in the end?! How was it finally resolved?

I think i'm in the same position currently, nothing when i plug directly into the ONT but magically a replacement eero will sort the problem?!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 41

Good morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay, I was out of office on Monday and Tuesday. Can I just confirm if they have been in contact since your last post please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 41

Michelle

Thought easier to contact you to pass on a message.  I’d arranged a call from Ben in Case Management dept tomorrow 13th Feb, but something has come up & I’ll not be available.  Can you get a message to the team & ask Ben to ring me another day this week between 4-6pm and also advise that I’ve sent 2 emails regarding my complaint that I’d like to be reviewed before they ring me.  Complaint ref CMP- 586229.    
Many thanks . 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 41

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've passed your update onto the escalation team now so that they are aware of this before your callback.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 41

I spoke to someone last week who arranged to send me another VoIP box and the 4K tv hub - they are meant to be ringing me back later today …….however VoIP still not working…….and the 4K hub is rubbish.  Remote inside components loose as can shake & rattle.  The keys are basic and haven’t been able to record as when set up to record a show on C4 then one after on ITV, it then wouldn’t let me watch BBC1 at same time as gave error couldn’t watch a LIVE programme and record!!!!  Defeats point of record option!!  Also can’t seem to pair remote with tv.  Feels like took a step back from the YouView hub.   The tv hub originally sent much nicer to navigate & remote better - but no option to record.    Frustrated!!!! 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 41

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on and if my colleague has been back in touch?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 41

Hi again,

I believe that my colleague has been in touch, so I'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 41

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. I've asked our Faults Escalation Team to take a look at this and will post an update as soon as they come back to me. They may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 41

Hi Michelle

internet is working fine now as engineer resolved on Sunday - however the grand stream VoIP isn’t connecting so still no landline.   I spoke to tech dept yesterday to no avail doing troubleshooting (ie reset, unplug etc) - so need this investigating now! 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 41

Hi again,

Just checking back in to see if this worked and how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 41

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the broadband connection is now working. In regards to the VOIP voice service, could you try the below please.

RESETTING YOUR DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

1. Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
  2. Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.

Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 41

Hi

The engineer came yesterday & has sorted internet & I’ve set eero up - however we still can’t seem to set up VoIP telephone.  Have dial tone but only have power light on grand stream box so phone not connecting through it (even though followed instructions that came with it).  

0 Likes

Message 17 of 41

Hi Holmley18,

There was an update earlier from Openreach saying that this has been raised for a 'high skilled' engineer, and this is now awaiting allocation.

If you don't hear anything later today or over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for further updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 41

Is there any update?    I don’t know if can get message to engineer, but seeing as the exchange is right outside our house, it would be good if they could call at house to confirm fixed outside, so that we can check that it is actually working inside (to save us having to go back round houses if it doesn’t work!!).   

Message 19 of 41

Nothing further at the moment so we'll check again tomorrow morning

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 41

Morning,

I've checked again just now and no additional updates as yet. I will check again this afternoon to see if Openreach have provided any further updates.

Michelle

0 Likes