cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

NO INTERNET - EERO APP SETUP FAILS ON WAN IP ADDRESS !

Holmley18
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 41

Has full fibre installed yesterday but like many people it is failing to find WAP IP address when trying to connect eero app.    Talktalk as ever unhelpful and said could take 24-48hours to install - what a joke!!! How can you remove former internet & then leave customer without internet for this long…..and then we don’t know if the time will resolve it.   Already have a complaint with TalkTalk re the 3 months taken to get engineer to install fibre & this is causing problem with working from home.   Spoken to eero and TT numerous times but no joy.   What can I do???? 

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 21 of 41

Hi again,

I've re-checked again for an update and there is new update from Openreach to advise that they are still investigating and have asked us to check again on 26/01 for an additional update. We'll continue to monitor this for further information.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 22 of 41

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 41

Morning,

My colleague has just checked this for me and the latest update advises that Openreach are still investigating the fault from there side. I will re-check with Openreach again early this afternoon and will post a further update.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 24 of 41

I’ve spoken to case complaint manger last couple of days and the Openreach engineer gave me to courtesy of ringing me last night to see if I’d heard anything.   Now it’s just a waiting game for when the exchange engineer looks at fault outside (and then I pray they can get it to work).  

0 Likes

Message 25 of 41

Hi,

Have you been contacted since our last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 26 of 41

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I will ask the team if they can give me an update on this. Unfortunately we don't supply a back up data router.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 27 of 41

Yes engineer came this morning and agreed that no internet pulling into ONT.  He spoke to several people who tried to rebuild the box remotely to no avail so next thing is now having to wait for engineer to look at potential fault in exchange outside property.  This again leaves us with possible 2-3 further days without internet.    Engineer suggested that TalkTalk provide us with a 4g router in mean time.  Is this something you can send out (and by overnight courier) or will you reimburse me if I buy one from our local store?    Please can these notes be added to case file as I’m hoping case complaint manager will call me again today (also advise him that no email received re complaint - checked my spam too).   

0 Likes

Message 28 of 41

Hi,

Just checking back in to see if Openreach have been in contact?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 29 of 41

Hello,

Apologies again for the delay, I've been chasing this for an update. Our team have advised me that this has been raised to Openreach so I will check back in with you later on this afternoon to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 30 of 41

No phone call.  Spent another 3-4 hoursover weekend contacting TalkTalk to no avail.

There is definitely NO internet coming into ONT box as we should be able to use old router with Ethernet from ONT to router WAN port (or direct into laptop) & nothing!!!!

If you could get someone in authority to sort engineer please.  The case complaint manger supposedly texting me later - but this sounds like this will only give me the time/date they’ll ring …..and who knows when that will be.

My husband has had to travel to one of his firms office (which is not local & so has had to pay train fare) as his employer dissatisfied with the issues TalkTalk has caused.

I just want someone to sort it as I speak to someone different every time & have to do same diagnosis checks so I’m just going round in circles.

This has also stopped our landline which we have left in place as that’s how our vunerable elderly parents contact us.

It’s now using up our mobile data & my son has his ALevel mocks this week so again causing an issue.  

….and to add further insult you keep sending me texts about the service and how we finding it!!!  

I’ve even managed to get in touch with the original engineer who very kindly tried to see if he could come back out, but as there is no live job (although there is a no that a fault), he can’t …….PLEASE CREATE A JOB REPORT SO ENGINEER CAN COME BACK OUT!!    Engineer confirmed (as has Eero) that the old router or a laptop directly connected via Ethernet to ONT should work if there is service into ONT - fact there isn’t shows it’s this at fault.  

PLEASE SORT!!!
From a very annoyed & upset customer.  
Laura
0 Likes

Message 31 of 41

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The team advised that they would be in contact on Friday afternoon. Can I just confirm, did the team call you since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 41

Eero have also been back in touch & they feel that the old router should still get a signal if wired to ONT.  It isn’t getting signal (nor is my laptop by directly wiring it to ONT).  

IT SOUNDS LIKE THE REASON THEN IS THAT NO ACTIVE SIGNAL FROM ONT BOX & THEREFORE EERO WONT WORK - See screen shot from eero 

IMG_5940.png
0 Likes

Message 33 of 41

Will the contact be today?  We really need to sort this asap as can’t stress importance of having internet for work on Monday.   

This is already causing a lot of stress and inconvenience.  

Can the engineer be re contacted so he can re-check the ONT serial number which was an issue on another case?  

0 Likes

Message 34 of 41

Hello,

Thanks for trying this again. I've passed this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 35 of 41

Hi.  All the lights on ONT are on.

i have tried to reset eero (but have done this umpteen times now), but still saying eero cannot teach internet(see photo)

i can see from community posts this error seems to be common so there must be a way to resolve.

My husband lost a full day of work yesterday as unable to get on internet & has had to resort to going to a relatives house today to work ….but we can’t afford this to continue into next week.  

it’s absolutely ridiculous that you can leave a customer with no internet - we were given no indication from any info sent or our previous telephone calls that can take time to go live & now all we get is reboot!!   

I note from a previous chat with the same issue it turned out to ONT serial number so router wasn’t communicating with it - is this something that can be checked???  (See photo)

This also means we can’t watch an tv streaming PLEASE SORT ASAP 

as you can see from my records, we have waited from mid Nov to now to have engineer turn up (and actually install) so this has added to the frustration we were already having.   

IMG_5932.pngIMG_5927.png
0 Likes

Message 36 of 41

Hi again,

The team have checked this for me and the order has fully completed. What lights are currently on the ONT? Could you try resetting the eero and then try setting this up again please.

Setting up your eero | Future Fibre | TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 37 of 41

Hello,

Thank you. I'm currently looking into this now and will post an update back shortly.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 38 of 41

Profile info updated.  Fibre installed by Openreach

0 Likes

Holmley18
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 41

Info updated.  Fibre installed by Openreach. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 40 of 41

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, what this set up by Openreach or CityFibre?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account Number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes