cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

digital voice - phone light comes on at odd times

JandC_271
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

We had full fibre connected to the house recently including digital voice to which our "landline" phone are now attached via the phone socket on the new router. All works well, but one aspect is puzzling me.  At seemingly random times, perhaps a few times a day, the phone lights up and the display says "call" but there is no ring, and the light goes off and display clears after a few seconds. We have a phone extension in the bedroom which works wirelessly from the main one and notice this more often, when the phone lights up in the night. This is a bit distracting - does anyone know what is happening? Maybe some kind of periodic test signal is sent down the digital voice line? 

JandC_271
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning John  @JandC_271 

That's great, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

JandC_271
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk - we haven't noticed the phone light coming on since you made the changes to the setting, so looks like you've fixed it. Many thanks.

John

JandC_271

Message 3 of 8
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Many thanks - will do.

JandC_271

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi @JandC_271 

Apologies for this.

I've made some changes to a setting on the line. Please can you monitor the line over the next few days and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

It can be sorted - it's a known issue, @JandC_271.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.