cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

eero 5GHz channel problem...

JacekJ
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Hello,

I have a problem already mentioned here in the community forums..

My eero router is set to channel 155 on the 5GHz WiFi band..

I called talk talk support, I called eero support, and I talked with someone on the chat,

but everyone said they can't help me. The eero support just passed my problem as feature request

(to be able to change the WiFi channel using the app)

But in the meantime some of my devices use the 2.4GHz and can't get the full WiFi speed because of that.

So is there any one here who can help with that or do I need to buy myself a router?

Please help!

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

Hi again,

Great thank you and apologies for the confusion. I've passed this straight over to our Devices Manager now to ask eero to apply the fix for this particular issue and I will post back here to confirm as soon as this has been completed. Just to set your expectations, this can take a few working days but I'll monitor this for you and will keep you updated here.

Thanks again

Michelle 🙂

JacekJ
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 30

In the private notes I have added the serial number of the ONT device. My account number is in the Customer ID field.

I have now added both to the private notes - so the notes have both the s/n of the ONT and my talktalk account number, and the account number is also in the customer id field (is customer id not the same as account number?)...

BTW - this is very confusing, that profile form - we don't have a phone with talk talk, but I still get the number assigned and have to put it in the form? 🙂

Anyway - the number is there (taken from my account dashboard)

And my personal mobile phone number is in the alternative contact number,

My first and last names are there too.

Hope that helps, and thank you for support 🙂

If I misplaced something there or should add / remove something please do let me know.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 30

Hi,

Could you also just add your Account number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 30

There is a fix available for the model of Eero that you have. It will be the Device's Team that will arrange this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

JacekJ
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 30

OK, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, but my information in my profile is up to date (including ONT serial number)

I found further that this problem might be fixed (if changing the channel is not possible) by changing the router to eero pro (explained here)

Either way this is kind of urgent for us, my wife works from home and at the moment her win10 HP laptop is working on 2.4GHz, dropping WiFi connection often (especially when further away from eero router) and disconnecting her VPN which makes it impossible to work for her...

So she's now connected with cable to the only ethernet port on that router in a very inconvenient space... 😕

Also none of our TVs can stream content in a decent quality... 😞

Please help. Thank You!

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and we can pass this over to our Devices Manager to resolve.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number/Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 30

This is a known problem. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and sort it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

JacekJ
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 30

5GHz  radio analytics page from eero app5GHz radio analytics page from eero appThis is a 24h statistic from the eero app about 5GHz WiFi - it is barely used...

0 Likes

JacekJ
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 30

@Michelle-TalkTalk - I've noticed you were involved in similar issues here and here 

do you think you can help me with mine? 🙂

0 Likes