cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How to improve my speed

longman
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

Disclaimer - I don't know very much about this sort of stuff !!!

A couple of months ago I upgraded to full fibre150. Installed with Eero6. The speeds I am regularly obtaining are around 40mbs on both my desktop and my phone. Previously I was on the talktlak hub which was hard wired to the desktop and has the full 32mbs that i was paying for. I installed a wifi card in the desktop, I paid about £55 for it so I guess it should be  a decent one and that is how it is now.

If I take my phone and stand near the Eero and do a speed test I get 150mbs no problem so I am thinking it is a coverage issue. The thing is, the Eero is only about 6 metres from the PC's wifi antennae and although in a different room there is only a hallway in-between the two. Can it be that I need another Eero ? at not insubstantial cost. Surely I should get full coverage for this small area or are they just pretty poor coverage despite being sold something that is supposed to be all singing all dancing. I feel I have been sold a pup by talktalk.

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

Hi longman,

I'm really glad to hear this and please do let us know if anything does change.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 36

Hi

Just finally got around to setting up second Eero after getting a paltry 27mbps this morning !!

Now have got full bars on the wifi signal and speed of 145 download and 29 upload.

So, much better than before if it stays like this. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 36

Hi longman

How are you getting on, how has the connection/speed been?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 36

Morning,

No problem. We'll also check back in with you after the New Year to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Sorry for the delay, I have been away.

The Eero finally turned up yesterday 23rd. I will take a look in the next week and let you know

0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Hi longman

Do you need anymore help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Hi longman

Have you received the eero?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 36

Hi longman

Thanks for your reply.

I've requested that the eero is sent, please allow 48-72hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 36

Yes please. Worth a try

Message 10 of 36

Hi longman

I can send you a second eero to see how the connection coverage compares, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

Just the one. It is in the hallway and I am sat in a different room about 6 meters away maximum. it is just the hallway through an open door into the room. Seems pretty poor coverage if that is the issue. I did not have this issue with my old talktalk hub.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

Hello,

Our Devices Manager thinks that this may be related to a wifi coverage issue. Can I just confirm, how many eeros do you have please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

Morning,

Thanks again for confrming. I've escalated this straight back to our Devices Manager and will post back as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

It shows channel 155 on 5G and channel 6 on 2.4G

0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

Hello,

Thank you for trying this. What wireless channel is it showing as connected to at the moment? Still 155?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

I wasn't - I replaced with a shorter one, but have now replaced with the original and it has made no difference. I still get full speed stood next to it and lucky to get more than 40mbs 6 meters away 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 36

Hi longman,

Could I just ask, are you using the Ethernet cable supplied with the eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

Hi

It is my phone and desktop that I am experiencing slow speeds and intermittent connections. That is all I have tired it on.

As I mentioned before. If I stand next to the Eero and do a speed test on my phone it is always where it should be. Have just done one now sat next to my desktop and it is 4, yes 4.47mbps.

Obviously I can't take my desktop to the Eero. It is very sporadic, one minute it is fine, next it is 80mbs, then 30 seconds later it is 20.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 36

Morning,

Doh! Sorry, thanks Keith. I'll post back as soon as the Devices Manager replies to me.

EDIT/UPDATE - He has just replied and asked me to confirm which devices are struggling to connect at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 36

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Alas the Eero does not allow manual channel allocation.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes