cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

eero power adapter using extension USB type C cable

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

The length of the power cord of the eero 6 power unit is OK for some installations. I would like to site my eero in a different location to improve Wi-Fi coverage. However, it would be too far from any power points. Rather than run extension mains cables, which is an option, as the connector into the eero is USB Type C, I was thinking of buying a USB type C extension cable. 

I know the eero can detect an unauthorised USB C power source, suggesting that there are some active components in the original length power cord. 

Has anyone tried extending it in this manner & how did it go?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Hi @fr8ys 

Thanks again, I was just thinking of buying a cable to extend the existing one, alas anyway that one is no longer available.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Sorry, @KeithFrench 

Specifically says compatible so hopefully would be ok.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Charger-Replacement-Extender-C010001/dp/B0B2WLV7Z4

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi @fr8ys 

Thanks for the reply, I think you forgot to add the link.

However, it is not finding a cable, but does it work with an eero? I am trying to see if anyone else has done this before.

Keith

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Keith,

Does this meet your needs?

Haven't checked but maybe Amazon Basics do something similar.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes