cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller display: international calls

Lesley35
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

I have had this problem before.  When I call Switzerland my number is showing as Singapore so the person is not accepting my call.  

#caller display #international

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi Lesley35,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving but there are details about cancelling your service here if you require them - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Lesley35
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 28

Got a call on Friday saying it had been sorted but when I rang Switzerland caller display was a UAE number!  Reported number via your new text service and update my Personal Profile information.  Waiting for another update from Faults.

What's my position on leaving TalkTalk when I am still within contract when a fault isn't being resolved?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hi Lesley,

Ok thanks for confirming and hopefully they can resolve this ASAP for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

It's okay. The Faults Team are already dealing with it. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Morning Lesley,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like me to escalate this back to our Fault Team for you?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

As I suspected the 'repair' to caller display lasted 24 hours.  I'm pretty fed-up with TalkTalk not getting to the bottom of this so will be looking at changing provider to one with a more resilient international telecommunications provider ie not Telia.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Morning,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

So, the problem is with Telia who provide the network in Europe for TalkTalk. It's taken a while to get to the bottom of this. I've had two phone calls from the Faults Team who were able to see the problem but unable to fix it. The responsibility lies with Telia.  My caller display is currently showing the correct number. We'll see how long this lasts. I've been here before.  

Telia_Company 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Yes, they have. They called me on Tuesday. They identified where the problem was. I should hear this afternoon if they have been able to repair it. 🤞

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Good morning,

Have our faults team been in contact since my last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Morning,

Thank you. I've passed this back over to our Faults Escalation Team and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Hi Michelle

I've put info in my private notes on my profile.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Hi Lesley,

Apologies for the confusion, we can't receive emails via the Community. If you would prefer to send your availability privately then please add this to the private notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 15 of 28

I have emailed you the best time to call and I have put the caller display numbers in my community profile.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you confirm the best time for our faults team to call and we'll pass this back over to the team?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 17 of 28

The last time, Talktalk needed to call you but there is no sign of a suggested time from you and no further reply, @Lesley35.

You need to keep checking correspondence on here to follow up, otherwise the topic just withers and falls out of the workflow. 

I'll re-escalate it for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Lesley35
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 28

Caller display is still causing me problems. Showing a Singapore and a Swedish number when calling Switzerland. Why can't you get this sorted? This has been going on for months. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi Lesley35

Apologies for this.

I will speak to the team now.

Can you provide further availability for when the team can call you?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

I've not had a call. Can you give me an update on progress.

0 Likes