cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller display stopped working

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21
  • My caller display stopped working weeks ago.  All we get is "Incoming call".
  • This is a feature which we require and find very useful. It had been working without any problem with our existing equipment for a number of years. 
  • No changes were made to my systems, equipment or devices.
  • Have tried to resolve this many tomes by switching off the add-on,  leaving it off for several hours and then switching on again.  Has not worked.
  • Have tried chatting to the Tech Team, but got nowhere at all after more than an hour and gave up.
  • Have also tried tried connection tests several times from My Account web site.  Says there is a problem and initiates a line test, which either drops out and says "encountered an error try later" or results in nothing at all or text message suggesting I chat to tech help.  Never any feedback identifying the problem.
  • I have had connection problems before, which I said at the outset had to be a line issue outside of my property or at the exchange.  After hours on the phone, all sorts of tests, two visits from the BT Engineer and one visit from TalkTalk Engineer proved to be a problem at the exchange.  During the course of his, the BT Engineer was tearing his hair out trying to speak to someone at TalkTalk to get them to reset their equipment, and he had a special direct line number! 
  • I see that other users have experienced similar issues with Caller Display and, reading the posts, it has often taking them weeks or months to resolve, usually by TalkTalk technicians.
  • It appears that TalkTalk have a systems issue with this and I really think it is time that they got a grip on it and stop always assuming that the problem must be with the user.
  • Perhaps someone there will read this carefully and take appropriate action to reactivate this service for me, although I say that more in hope than expectation. 
  • If anyone else has any suggestions as the how to get this resolved, I should be glad to her from them.
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20