cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Calls not working (no sound)

MeganK
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi, 

Since Thursday we've been having a problem that both inbound and outbound calls don't work. Inbound calls just don't register at all. For outbound calls, it will show as dialing on the phone screen (with no sound) but no call is received on the other end. 

Initially the phones showed "line already in use" when trying an outbound call, so we checked all 3 of the handsets around the house and unplugged/replugged each of them. After that didn't work we ordered a new set of BT cordless phones in case the problems was with the phones themselves. 

Today the new handsets have the same problem except for the "line already in use" issue. Have tried plugging in new telephone cables and some other fixes suggested online and by the TalkTalk FAQ but nothing has worked so far. 

Would appreciate any help or advice! 

Megan K Killerby
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi MeganK

That's great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi,

Yes everything's working ok since we got the notification on Wednesday.

Megan K Killerby

Message 3 of 13
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi @MeganK 

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved. Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi MeganK

Openreach have added notes to advise that this fault is linked to a bigger fault in your area and Openreach are aware and working to resolve this.

I will post back as soon as I receive additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi @MeganK 

Thank you 🙂

The line test is detecting the same fault so I have escalated this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will keep checking for updates from Openreach and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Morning,

Just to let you know, I've plugged it into the test socket and it will stay that way until evening.

Megan K Killerby

Message 8 of 13

Hi @MeganK 

Yes of course. If you could connect the phone, filter and router at the test socket tomorrow morning then I will run some more line tests in this set up. I can also pass this over to Openreach if the same fault is detected.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi,

I tried plugging it into the test socket, but it cut off my internet, and I'm working from home today. While I had it plugged in though, ringing my mobile number didn't work.

Would it be possible to run the test tomorrow when I will be in the office instead?

Thanks again for your help.

Megan K Killerby
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi MeganK

Would it be ok to try the test socket this morning so I can run another line test?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. Currently it's just plugged in normally like we had it when the phones were working. I did read about using the test socket but held off until we tried other fixes. 

Megan K Killerby
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi MeganK

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault. Is the phone connected directly at the test socket at the moment?

0 Likes