cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Can I get some proper information on who can order digital voice on FTTP

gameinn
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I have been in contact with TalkTalk directly and I get completely different answers depending on who I speak with. Some say no it's not possible on FTTP but one  support staff said it could be done but I would first have to sign up to FTTP only. After that I would be able to order digital voice as an add on. If this meant a different number to what I currently have or a port of an existing was not made clear.

Paying extra is not a problem I would just like to have TalkTalk handle it.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Another agent telling me it's only available for existing TalkTalk customers. 😞

I guess I'll try and port the number to someone else first.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

I will try live chat today and see what happens.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Have you tried ringing the phone number shown? One can most assuredly get Full Fibre 150 with VoIP, I know because I've got it. I suspect the automated system on the website is not geared up for this for some reason. I do not understand the comment they make about the landline, save that VoIP isn't technically that. Either way, it is unhelpful and confusing. I ordered my service via Live chat, you may want to try that. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

I'm confused then. From here: https://new.talktalk.co.uk/digital-voice

"Keep your landline service while enjoying all
the benefits of a new Full Fibre connection.
Welcome to the future of home calling."

So is Full Fibre 150 as shown in my screenshot not the same as the Full Fibre mentioned in the above link? The video shows an Eero router being connected to digital voice and from what I know you can only get an Eero when you get Full Fibre so you can see why I'm confused.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

Fibre 150 as per the first screenshot does not mention digital voice. It is not normally available on this package.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Arne

This is the source of my confusion. If it's available then why can't I order?

pic1pic1

After clicking select:

I can only progress if I click "I don't require a landline". Anything else shows me this:

You contact and then you get conflciting information, hence the creation of this topic.

Message 7 of 12
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

I have looked at various sites like bidb and I'm pretty sure only Openreach exist but yes I will see if any TalkTalk support staff can give me official confirmation on the ordering process for digital voice in this thread.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

As far as I am aware, it has been available via Openreach for a long time. I must stress though, that you will not be likely to get a choice in whose FTTP you use. It depends who installed the fibre cabling for this in your road - Openreach, City Fibre or some other altnet.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

None atm. I'm on BT FTTC. I didn't want to be tied to BT. I forgot to mention this but I did specifically state this to support staff who said it was possible. If I was ordering TalkTalk FTTP it would be via Openreach.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Whose FTTP solution do you have Openreach, City Fibre or another altnet?

Keith

0 Likes