cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER

Treestump
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi All, The BT digita Digital switchover is taking place in my area shortly. Does anybody know when digital voice adapter are being provided by TalkTalk?

6 REPLIES 6

Treestump
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Hi, Gliwmaeden2

we 

The BT digital team host a forum that includes all ISP’s, its aim is to provide a consistent experience for customers during the switch over. To achieve this aim, a number of ISP’s have signed up to a digital charter. As a volunteer with a charity that provides IT support for the disabled & elderly we dont always have control over our clients internet account, so need to manage the switch over during mid contract. Let hope that as you suggest they offer a free upgrade.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

The BT team won't know the specifics of every ISP's deals for the switchover, @Treestump.

If you wait till Talktalk says you need to switch, they usually offer the cost of upgrading for free.

If you upgrade right now, you'll incur charges, because that happens mid-contract.

Look up "pricing" in the forum search engine, then one-off fees.

You may be better waiting to very near the end of your contract in order to have more haggle power, including the possibility of leaving without incurring early termination fees. 

VOIP can't be run with FTTC Fibre65. You need to have it ordered WITH the upgrade to FTTP.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Treestump
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Hi Michelle,

After speaking to a member of your support team, it appears that my Fibre 65 package, with a download speed of 75 Mbps is not suitable to run the new digital telephone service, apparently I need to upgrade to a  full fibre package, at a cost to me,  to allow this to happen.

This contradicts the advice being given out by the BT digital voice team. Would you like to comment?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Good morning,

Live Chat would probably be the easiest way. I've included a guide below,

How to contact TalkTalk Broadband - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Treestump
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Morning Michelle,

Thanks for the quick response. What’s the best way to directly contact the Loyalty Team?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Treestump,

Thanks for your post. We do currently have a Digital Voice Adapter (Grandstream) for VOIP which is available on certain packages when FTTP is available in your area. It would be worth contacting our Loyalty Team directly to see if this is currently available for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes