cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Faulty landline - Phone only rings twice

NJR83
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Good afternoon,

My TalkTalk landline has recently developed a fault whereby the phone only rings twice on an incoming call and then stops.  However the calling party still hears ringing until the answering service kicks in (and my phone allows me to still see the caller's details) but if I attempt to pick up after the 2 rings I cannot connect the call and hear nothing.  I have tried replacing the ADSL filter and swapping around various phones but the problem persists.  I understand this is a known issue, possibly with the exchange, and would appreciate your assistance in rectifying it please.

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

NJR83
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 47

Hi Debbie,

I have done as you suggested (phone directly connected for 15mins) but have been unable to replicate the fault.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 47

Hi NJR83

Would it be possible to connect the phone at the test socket for 15 minutes and then make some test calls to your line? (to see if you can replicate the fault)

0 Likes

NJR83
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 47

No Debbie I haven't tried a phone directly at the test socket and with the router removed because as I just said the fault is so intermittent (happens maybe 1 time out of 10) that I can't afford to be without internet access for that length of time.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 47

Hi NJR83

If you have tested with a different phone at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

NJR83
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 47

Hi Debbie, 

Many thanks for your reply.

The trouble is the fault is very intermittent/ unpredictable and hard to replicate so it would be very difficult for me to leave the router unplugged for long enough. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 46 of 47

Hi NJR83

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear - No faults detected.

Have you also tested with a different phone directly at the test socket? and with the router removed?

0 Likes