cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home phone can receive calls but can't ring out

Solartiger
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Did a home swap on 21st June 2024. Had talktalk phone and broadband at the old house and everything worked great for many years. Told talktalk about the move, and that I wanted the same service at the new address. Filled out home move thing on the website and everything was arranged.

Moved in on 21st June, service due to go live on 25th June.. So on the 25th June plugged in the landline phone and the broadband router. Broadband works just fine, however the landline phone can ONLY RECEIVE calls, I cannot ring out. The phone has good continous dial tone, but when you dial any number you just get an engaged tone. Just after moving I need my phone to sort utilities, ring council etc so this is not a good time for this to happen. I am paying for unlimited calls boost (£16 per month) but CANNOT make any calls, I am having to ring everyone on my mobile (which is costing a fortune).

OK, things I have tried; line check thing on website returned "

We’re unable to identify a fault on your line (28th June " REP-14464346")

", plugged phone on it's own in test socket on master phone outlet, no joy. Previous tennant didn't have a landline phone, so don't know if this is a "new fault or not". Phone is not at fault, as it worked fine at old house.

So with that situation I raised a complaint with complaints dept Ref (ET-818211), to my surprise instead of being helpful, the reply basically told me to run a line test and refer back to the website and then they sent me an email to rate the customer service given, obviously I didn't bother with that as the problem ISN"T FIXED.

Can someone take me seriously and get the issue fixed. I am paying for phone service I cannot use.

Any assistance with fixing this would BE MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @Solartiger 

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Solartiger
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Thanks very much, it's now working,  yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

OK thanks. I've made a change so could you please retest and let me know if its now working

Chris

Solartiger
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Have added address as requested.

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Solartiger,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please add your new address to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes