cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Land Line Call drops out when someone else rings land line

Davray1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Just had Fibre 150 installed, and kept land line number, connected by digital voice adaptor. But we are having trouble. We can receive calls no problem,during initial caller discussion we have trouble when someone else rings our landline number during the initial call. The connection produces 2 bleep sounds, the initial caller goes mute, and the initial caller then gets cut off, with the second caller  then connected. All this takes just seconds to lose one call and connect second caller.This is getting very frustrating, and needs sorting  

20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is this still happening if you reset the Digital Voice Adapter (DVA), holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaenoeusly and then retest? If it works again following this then it could possibly be a faulty adapter which we can replace.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Chris

Further to your message Friday,  From today (Monday) Landline yet again playing up.  We cant receive calls again, BUT we can make calls out.. Since my last post the landline use as only managed to be useable for 3 days, before failing again. Helpdesk cant sort the issue out, its now gone to higher tech team to try and sort it

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Could you just confirm that it still isn't working today and I'll pass it to our Future Fibre team for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Debbie, Was experiencing same issue this morning. Had message from Tech team later in the day regarding a factory reset of the DVA.

The issue of lost landline connection appears to be resolved, so we can make/receive landline calls.  BUT I still have the initial issue of when on the landline with a caller, and a second caller tries to ring my landline number, we receive a high pitch electronic bleep on our handset, and the initial caller is muted on their phone for approx 10 secs then the call is reinstated. This makes the initial caller think the call has been cut off.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi Davray1

Can I just check, are you still experiencing this fault this morning?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Anyone ringing in line is dead, when we ring out engaged tone is heard and nothing connects

Message 7 of 21

Hi Davray1,

Sorry to hear this, do you get a tone on the line or does it seem to be dead?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Chris, Have you got any further with this query?.  Plus its got even worse now, I have lost complete use of the landline, I cannot make or receive calls. I have spoken with help desk but they could not solve the new issue so this has been raised to higher technical team to try and resolve

Message 9 of 21

Hi Dave,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

OK thanks for trying that Dave. I'll look into this and get back to you 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Chris, done as suggest, still have same issue. One beep like an engaged tone, Initial caller is then muted for approx 10 secs, then another beep tone followed by high pitch screech for a second, then initial caller is reconnected. Trouble is initial caller thinks weve been cut off and hangs up.. Only difference from my previous query is this time the second caller does not get connected through

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Thanks. Could you switch the ONT, eero and DVA off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if this resolves the issue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Eero with DVA connected

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Ok thanks. Do you have the wifi hub 2 or an eero with DVA?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Chris

Yes, I also spoke with help desk and they checked a few things but the issue is still there

Regards

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Thanks. Are you still experiencing the same issue today?

Chris

0 Likes

Davray1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 21

Chris,  profile updated

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi Davray1,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

Davray1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 21

Hello

Checked my account and i do not have call waiting set up, only thing set up is caller display.  

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hello,

Just to confirm, do you have Call Waiting set up in your My Account?

Thanks

Michelle