cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline not working disabled parents

Lizvic
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Another Utility company cut through my parents landline leaving them with no phone line, they have a health device attached to the landline and both my parents are disabled and vunerable, the landline as not been working for over a week and my parents are unable to use a mobile phone as they have dementia. Talk talk keep saying it will be fixed and engineer will fix this but nothing has been done, it a disgrace to treat vunerable customers in such a shocking way.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @Lizvic 

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your parents name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

The gravity of the situation has been stressed to talk talk from day one , as they represent my parents and have to communicate with open reach on their behalf , they should have explained  this is a welfare matter with a health device connected to the landline , this should have been escalated from day one as not having a landline for over a week when vulnerable disabled customers is not acceptable 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Staff here will not be back until Monday as the forum is only manned during normal office hours.

It should be mentioned though that whilst TalkTalk are your parents phone providers, work is carried out by OpenReach and they will send out an engineer as soon as possible, given, I'm sure,you have stressed the situation.

As you spoke to TalkTalk and they have said it will be fixed, have you been nominated to deal with TalkTalk on your parents behalf, and have you registered them as vulnerable customers?.

If not i suggest you contact TalkTalk again and ask for details of getting registered

In the meantime this may help

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-Accessibility/ct-p/talktalk-accessibility

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you. However, no one will do this until Monday or Tuesday now. 

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes