cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline rings but cuts out when answered, no incoming calls either

Sandgrown'un
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Have had a line check, all clear to the house, got internet and broadband but landline phone not working - can dial out but when answered line goes dead, and no-one can contact us, there is no connection. What do we do?

17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi @Flemingston 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Flemingston
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

Yes  I have this also in the Cardiff area. I have no new digital phone system, just the same as we had for 30 years. Our exchange building looks like a bombed out bunker and the noises as the phone disconnects sounds like relays working in a 1950s telephone exchange. It took 3 hours online talking to a Help Site to finally convince them it is not our equipment. I still waiting for an Engineers visit: this has happened before, a year or so ago.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Sandgrown'un

I'm so glad to hear this.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Just reset the DVA and tested the phone with a call which stayed on....hope things are sorted now....

Message 5 of 18

Hi Sandgrown'un

This the voice adapter - it's the little device that your phone connects to.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

What is the DVA and where is the pin?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Sandgrown'un

Apologies. Our Network Engineers have asked if you could try resetting the DVA again please, holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaneously. Please let me know if there is any change following this.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Yes, landline still not working. Just tested now.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Sandgrown'un

Our engineers have identified the problem and are actively working to deploy the fix. We expect this to automatically update on your equipment in the early hours of the morning and your normal service to resume. We sincerely apologise and understand the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked to resolve this issue.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Thanks so much for this - felt we were going mad!

Message 11 of 18

There's been an issue since yesterday, @Sandgrown'un.

This is probably affecting you, so it's a case of them sorting out the system for everybody, and keep an eye on updates on the Service Status Dashboard:

Screenshot_20231213-171815_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Not a clue what you mean - can someone not be sent out to help? Had enough trouble yesterday losing internet and broadband then resetting it all.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Sandgrown'un,

Can you try the following plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Yes to both. Internet and broadband both working all right, just not our landline

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Sandgrown'un

Thank you. Just to confirm, are you using the eero and digital voice adapter? 

0 Likes

Sandgrown'un
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Done as you asked

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Sandgrown'un

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes