cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Missed phonecalls - Help please

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

A few months ago I started getting loads of missed phone calls. Callsafe if turned off as I'm expecting a call from a number I don't know.
I've changed my lead and home phones but it's still happening, and it's plugged directly into the phone socket with no extension. I've been sitting next to the phone and suddenly I get a message saying missed phone call. I looked at the time and it was whilst I was sitting there. This is happening almost daily now. I turned caller ID off on my mobile phone and called my landline number, which went through ok. 
Could you please look into this, it's been happening since way before Christmas and even though I've bought new home phones, the problem persists .
Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi jimmymumu

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues (after you've now blocked these numbers)

0 Likes

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

I've just done that, a few of them are scams from what I've found. I've now blocked them

Message 3 of 13

Have you tried searching for the numbers to see if they have been reported by anyone else as spam/scam calls?

Chris

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Yes they are. They seem to be around the same time, sometimes an hour later but not often.  I hope you can make sense of that. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi jimmymumu,

Are the calls from different numbers? 

Chris

Message 6 of 13

So sorry for the late reply. I'm still getting the problem. One of the calls was a local number so I rang it back and it didn't exist. I've not tried the others but I'm presuming they'll be the same kind of thing. I plugged my phone back in the normal socket today because it has made no difference.
There's still no ringing at my end from any of these numbers but everyone else can get through I think
Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi jimmy,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 13

OK, thanks, keep us posted.

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Hi. I'm now on the test socket, I'll see how it goes. thanks

jimmymumu
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I'm plugged directly in to the main socket, my faceplate has to sockets, one for my house phone and one for my internet.  Thank you

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Have you tried connecting directly at the test socket? Subject to that, the support team here should pick this up tomorrow.