cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Dial Tone - Can't Dial Out - Can't Receive Calls (AGAIN)

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

No Dial Tone - Can't Dial Out - Can't Receive Calls (AGAIN)

At around 18:00 on 08 March 2024 I had no dial tone on my landline yet again.
Auto Test reported as REP-14078856

I am still on an exchange line and have FTTC broadband same line BB is still working.
I have two cable connected phones; one dumb line powered, plus a Siemens DL500A DECT base station both show the same results if used with the other disconnected wherever plugged in.

On Hook my exchange line pair is at a normal 49 volts.
Off hook No Dial tone as I said, just low hiss from line. (Off hook Line at normal 7 volts).
Dialing produces no response.
After 6 minutes off hook I get off hook tone, hang up and can repeat so line to exchange is there.
Calling my landline number from mobile gives:
This person is currently unavailable please try later or send a text.

Oddly this condition has also disrupted the most of the TT broadband tests, but at least I don’t see anyone else’s data on this occasion.

I did use the South Africa Chat on Friday 18:30 to report the issue but as usual their script ignores what I had already checked above and ends up with we will send a chargeable engineer to check your home wiring.
Having already confirmed this as pointless I declined and they closed the chat as they do.

So rather that wasting weeks on the phone to SA this time I am back here with the UK community.

Hopefully on this occasion it will not take four weeks to resolve this time as it did in October 2023 when Talktalk provisioning took my exchange line number and moved it to another customers Talktalk Digital Voice port.
On that occasion they did restore my dial tone after 3 weeks by initializing my exchange card but number retrieval took rather longer.

Regards
Chris

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

Michelle,

1) I have confirmed to Debbie I have NOT requested or even seen any FF offers from TT and I reject any such offers or orders I have not sanctioned.

2) I did detailed checks (see my first post re TT Chat on Friday ) on my exchange line including two phones I have no faults in home.

These all suggest my exchange line port is disabled/faulty.

I did see similar symptoms last year and Nas from the SA  reenabled Dial tone then with a line reset.

I agree that this time my number appears to be intact and this suggest an exchange issue this time.

If my line to exchange was an issue I would not be able to get Off Hook warning tone after 6 mins inactivity and I do.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

Hi qswi014

I understand and I have contacted the team and they have now cancelled the FF Upgrade. Did you have a chance to test the voice service at the test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Debbie,

CANCEL  THE FF ORDER I DIDNT SEE !

ABSOLUTLY

Never seen any offer at all this year on email or any channel.

This is just harassment..

Will never use TT FF !

Clear ?

Thanks

Chris qswi014

0 Likes

Message 24 of 32

Hi qswi014

Apologies for the confusion, it looks to be a free upgrade, offered by TT and an email was sent to advise of this.

If you would like me to cancel this order then please let me know as soon as possible.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Michelle,

Why do you think I have ordered FTTP. ?

I have NOT.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 32

Hi again,

So just to confirm, you would like the FTTP order to be cancelled and I will ask the team to do this? In regards to the voice issue, the team have checked and said it's not related to a provisioning issue so we will need to treat this like a regular fault. Can you confirm if there is no dial tone at the test socket with 2 different phones please as the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Michelle,

None what so ever this year. Two offers last year I rejected but they took my number anyway (in error) , see my thread Oct 2023.

I have never accepted the FF offers and will never do so with TT due to the way it operates.

I also have attached to my doorstep a notice to that effect due to City Fibre having attempted to start work without consent.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 32

Morning,

I've raised this to our team to investigate this and I will post back shortly with an update. Can I just confirm, have you received an email or SMS about a FTTP upgrade?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 29 of 32

Michelle,

As I said in my post I am still on copper fibre to cabinet FTTC  not FTTP.

Hence still also using the Toothill Exchange line.

Chris

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 32

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and we will look into this further for you. Can I just confirm, do you have FTTP?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 32

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you. They are based in the UK & do not work to scripts.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes