cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Dial Tone for the past five days

beclaw69
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I haven’t had a dial tone on the landline for the past five days. However when we try and call our number on a mobile you can hear it ring but the actual phone on the landline does not ring. We have tried using another handset but no luck! The line is completely dead and we contacted TalkTalk last week and had no response back.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hello beclaw69,

Just checking back in to see if everything is now working ok and if the fault has been resolved?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 11

Hi beclaw69

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved. Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi beclaw69

There are no updates from the line engineer as yet but I will keep checking for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi beclaw69

I can see that this fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning. We should hopefully have additional updates from Openreach this afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi beclaw69

I've checked and this fault is still with Openreach, there are no additional updates at the moment.

We will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Lovely thank you!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

@beclaw69, there's an automatic compensation scheme which applies if the fault is not resolved within a minimum period and is calculated after it is all sorted. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 8 of 11

Hi beclaw69

Thanks for confirming this.

I have escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and I will continue to monitor for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks again.

Debbie

beclaw69
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Yes I can confirm, we have tested a corded Unit at the test socket and no luck. We are getting concerned that we are paying for something we are not receiving. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi beclaw69

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, have you also tried the alternative handset at the test socket?

0 Likes