cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Phone Line/Crackling For Over A Week

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi.

Have tried different adapters, a different cordless phone, have tried all sockets, master socket and still crackling.

Cannot receive calls either as if our home phone number was to be rung it sais line busy.

Have checked everything inside the house and outside so I gather it possibly could be a problem at the green cabinet box located down the road, can you help please.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

OK, I'll send you a PM to confirm some security info to allow me to progress.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi

Yes please.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

OK, thanks for confirming. Tests are showing a possible loop fault close to or within the property.

A loop fault is either a short circuit or two wires close together or touching,  This can of course be outside on the line itself, degradation of cable insulation due to weathering, but can also be a failure of the wiring within your home, loose wires in one of the sockets, a worn or frayed wire running between the sockets etc.

Openreach are responsible for the line up to and including the master socket. If the fault lies here, then Openreach will repair this.  If the fault is found to be with one of your additional sockets or the wiring to these within the home, then Openreach will charge you for the engineer visit.

With this in mind, would you like to progress to an engineer visit ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Hi

We have 4.

Have tried our cordless phone in them all, and even purchased a new cordless phone and still the same issue.

Yes all others are clear and left Untouched.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

Do you only have the one phone socket, or are there other sockets around the home ?  If so, are all other sockets empty ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dan2008
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

No test socket unfortunately.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a line test now which has detected a possible loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes