cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No dial tone for months

PamBuxton
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

We have no dial tone on our home phone and have not been able to use it for months. It started with a really crackly line and then just went off completely. The broadband still works. I have constantly reported the line but they just keep saying fault fixed. It is not fixed. I am fed up with paying for a service I am not receiving.  My line is required for emergency response to my Mother-in-law's care line. Please can you sort this out. Thank you.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Pam

Do you still need help with this? Would you like us to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi Pam

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear - No faults detected.

Can I just check, have you tested with a different phone directly at the test socket?

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

I would always report a serious fault directly with Talktalk via phone or Chat support, @PamBuxton.

That way you know a fault is being properly addressed. My Connections (via Service Status Dashboard) is somewhat wayward, and keeps removing faults despite them not being sorted. 

Full details of opening hours are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

If properly recorded when reported, you should be compensated for the total loss of service, c a month after it's resolved. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Make sure that you add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will reply after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).