cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Call Safe

lizevans55
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 14 of 14

I have been trying to find out why  I have been getting so many scam calls, and I found that call safe was turned off. Not by me

I have tried to activate it again via my account on my phone and Chromebook and by dialling 1472 on my landline. Each time i'm told call safe is now activate, it may take several minutes to update, but many hours later it hasn't!!!!

Liz
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Message 2 of 14

Yes, I gave it another try on my laptop rather than phone and it has worked. Sorry I didn't get back to you more quickly, came back from holiday to a swarm of wasps round the eaves of house and getting into airing cupboard so I was busy getting someone to sort that out! All done now 😊c

Liz
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

I've tried tonight to activate call safe but still getting the same result. I t says call safe is now activated, will take a few minutes to update, and 20 minutes later it is still showing as off. I have tried several times and the same thing keeps happening. 

Liz
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

OK Liz, no problem, just let us know how you get on when you're back home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi,I've tried again tonight to get on to my account, but I think it's not allowing me to access it as I'm in another country. I'll maybe have to wait until I return home next week. 

Liz

Liz
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi, thanks for that. I'm away on holiday at the moment. I thought maybe I could log into my account a d see if call safe is activated, but I got an error message, "my account is not available at the moment". 

So maybe I will get a chance to check tomorrow. 

Liz
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Liz,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've made a change, could you please retest and let us know if call safe is now working

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

lizevans55
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Sorry I did reply to this a few days ago, but perhaps I didn't press send! 

My telephone is plugged in to the old socket.

Liz

Ps sorry for delay, I'm on holiday. 

Liz
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

OK thanks. Do you have the VoIP service or is your telephone connected to your old telephone socket?

Chris

0 Likes

lizevans55
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Yes I have future fibre 

Liz
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi lizevans55,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your service. Do you have our Future Fibre service?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

I have removed the screenshot you posted as it contains personal account information. As you appear to have your community profile complete the support team will be able to identify your account from there.