cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Loss of landline

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

My landline is currently not functioning for incoming/outgoing calls. The line is very noisy (hums, crackles) but internet connection appears to be unaffected.  Had an Open Reach engineer here early July for a different issue but while here fitted a new phone socket and did a bit of rewiring. Used the phone since and noticed the noise but it was functioning. Could you help please.

Thank you.

Carl

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi csqwared

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

You'll receive compensation if you experience a total loss of service, delays to the start of your service for phone and broadband orders, or if an engineer misses an appointment. This will be credited to your account automatically and we'll send an email or text message to let you know, so you don't need to contact us to receive this.

0 Likes

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Thank you.

0 Likes

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

My landline issue has now been resolved, the service, inbound/outbound re-appeared sometime during the morning. With regard to 'loss of service' discount is it dealt with automatically or should I advise Billing?

Thanks again

Carl

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi csqwared

If you are unable to make any outbound calls or receive any inbound calls then this should be classed as TLOS.

Thanks

0 Likes

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 17

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the update. Not overly timely then🤣 Does this qualify me for 'loss of service' discount?

Thank you

Message 7 of 17

Hi csqwared

I've checked again and Openreach have advised that further updates should be available ON OR BEFORE 22/09/23

0 Likes

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 17

Hi

Thanks for the update. Any idea of timeline?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi csqwared

It appears that duct work/cable renewal is required. This fault is still with Openreach.

We will continue to monitor for updates.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi csqwared

The fault is still with Openreach, we will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Morning,

Sorry to hear that but thanks for confirming. Our apologies, we were looking at the incorrect part of the fault ticket so the latest update is that Openreach are working on resolving the fault at the moment. We'll re-check later on today for any additional updates on this.

Thanks

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

Good morning Debbie.

No, not resolved.  The line is quieter, just a low hissing noise now but still not able to make/receive calls. The handsets have a message on the screen 'Check Phone line'. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi csqwared

I can see that Openreach have now closed the fault. Has the fault been resolved?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi csqwared

I will keep monitoring for additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

csqwared
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated. Hopefully Open Reach are as timely.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Carl

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now and this has detected a potential line fault.

I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we will continue to monitor for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes