cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No incoming calls for over a week…

WendySt
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi there unsure if this is just our area but we’ve had no incoming calls for over a week…rang talktalk last week and also did the online chat thing. Apparently national issue…but not sure I believe that! We have fibre..internet still working, and I can make calls but the number shown when I do this isn’t our home number. Any thoughts/ ideas? Talktalk don’t seem to be letting me know when this is going to be resolved 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Lovely thank you 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Thurs 15th is booked in 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Sorry just replying here too. Yes all that is fine Thurs 15th or Frid 16th is good for us 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Thursday 15th AM (8-1) is booked in for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

WendySt
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Hi Karl

yes all that is fine and Thurs 15th or Frid 16th Feb would work best 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi @WendySt 

I'll need to get this logged to Openreach for an engineer for you.

Because all the usual line tests are passing (not unusual with a crossed line), Openreach will only accept an confirmed engineer booking.

Can you let me know which days you prefer or should I book earliest available ?

Also, can you confirm you accept Openreach conditions of potential charges : Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

In a nutshell, Openreach will only charge you if it was your fault, but they will always ask that these are acceptable before they dispatch an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

WendySt
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

thanks I’ve done all that…the number given on dialing 17070 isn’t ours so hopefully staff will sort this. Though I flagged it week or so ago and still nothing..the online chat thing is a bit pants tbh for this kind of thing. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Sounds like a crossed wire on the line, @WendySt.

I'll move this to Home Phone, as it's not an issue with your internet service. 

Do you have Fibre to the Cabinet?

(You posted in the Full Fibre section, which is Fibre to the Premises).

Best if you can complete your community forum profile details by adding your correct landline number in Personal Information. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu.....SAVE CHANGES. 

If you dial 17070 does it read back the correct number?

If not, put the number in Private Notes, at the end of the Personal Information area. Again, save changes. 

There was a general outage for several hours on Thursday morning, but not anything on such a scale otherwise. 

Staff will reply during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes