cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Not receiving incoming calls on landline

Fanny1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Although my internet connection is working and I am able to make phone calls using my land line , for a few days, maybe longer, I am not able to receive calls. I have two hand sets ( Panasonic KX TG2511E , probably getting a bit long in the tooth now  ) in the house and another telephone in the extension which is a different make. I initiated a test last night on line and received a message to say that I was to contact the technical support team if  still experiencing problems, which I am. So , my understanding is , I have to check the set up with some guidence from somebody at Talktalk. Who do I phone ? I have checked all the phones to see if they are plugged in properly and all the checks that were recommended on the internet ( Googled it ) . Cannot see anything amiss but all this sort of thing is not my strong point.  Any helpful suggestions please ? Thanks.

F R Trickett
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Fanny1

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test and this has detected a loop fault and this fault is often caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Is the phone currently connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

@Fanny1, when you log in, go to your profile area and you will see there's an ACTIVITY tab. Useful for keeping track of your own thread.

Also, on a message board, you can track back posts you've left in the past.

So where it says Home Phone at the top of the page there's a menu option (funny lines with dots) which reveals "my posts" among other options:

Screenshot_20240215-182635_Chrome.jpg

Staff will reply during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

I have now added my name and land number on the profile as requested. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you but I have found the website difficult to navigate.

F R Trickett
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes