cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone Line Termination

salochin
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have a safety hazard where my phone line enters the house. The anchor ring has pulled its mounting screws out of the fascia board in the eaves, and is now dangling on the cable. The cable is only secured by the existing staples. Needs an engineer. Note, the whole of the fascia is in bad condition, and may not allow simple repositioning of the mounting screws. TalkTalk told me to contact Openreach. Openreach say the reverse!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No problem, glad to hear that you managed to get this resolved 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Chris, thanks for speedy response. I had seen that link on Openreach's site, but wasn't sure if it was the right one.

Anyway, I tried it this morning, and went through a very efficient chat session (much better than TalkTalk), which ended with a promise that an engineer would arrive in four hours. Less than two hours later, he arrived. Within two hours, he had fixed a new i-bolt (into the brickwork) and thrown the cable over the offending tree-work, and reconnected. All working!

A very impressive response from Openreach.

I can now tell the newsagents that the paperboy can safely approach the front door again!

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi salochin,

As you have been previously advised, if your service is working OK then you will need to report this directly to Openreach. Please see Report damage, vandalism or a health & safety issue | Openreach

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

salochin
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your response.

Yes, all systems using the phone line are fine. It's just that the phone line now has no support for its weight, apart from the original staples in its run down the house, If the age of the installation, and the fact that it still works means that I have to pay Openreach for the rectification, I'm hoping to get an estimate for the work before proceeding. 

I have updated my personal details as suggested.

Thanks again.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hmm. TalkTalk can organise an engineer for you if there is a service affecting issue, is that the case presently, or is everything working OK? Otherwise, Openreach can deal with safety related issues directly, but I am not sure that what you describe falls into this category. It seems that a very old cabling connection to a part of your property which is now in poor condition is no longer intact. 

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes