cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Incoming landline call problem

Mitch-in-Notts
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Incoming calls aren't ringing on house phone. All that happens is that the landline phone pings once but doesn't ring. If I answer the landline 'ping' and speak nothing can be heard by the caller. We have tried two entirely different phones and neither will ring.

Outgoing calls are fine.

Calls can be heard as ringing on the callers phone, but aren't ringing on the actual landline. We don't have call divert or anything like that on the landline phones.

Thank you.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hello Chris,

I spoke to someone online this evening as directed by a text message today. The network team rang at 11.55am today twice. Unfortunately they rang the landline which we can't answer, rather than my mobile. They seem to be under the misconception there is a broadband fault. I clarified(by chat) the fact it is the landline. I have been told I will get a phone call on Tuesday 17th 12noon-2pm. I hope this is sorted by 930am on Wednesday 18th as my 86 year old Father is getting a landline call(he doesn't do mobiles) from the hospital - they had the call booked for Wednesday 4th but of course he missed it.

Please note that there is another poster on here with an identical problem at the SAME telephone exchange - see https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-faulty/m-p/3063916#M161009  Could it be something has tripped at the telephone exchange following recent power cuts?

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

OK thanks. I'll ask our network team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

Message 3 of 23

Morning Chris,

No the phone is still not working this morning. 

Thanks

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi Mitch,

I can't see any indication that anything has changed at our end. Could you just confirm that its still not working and I'll ask our network team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hello,

The Open Reach engineer has been this afternoon and there is no fault on the line. She says it must be something that TalkTalk have done. Any suggestions?

We lost the incoming landline service on the 29th August following a series of power cuts that morning. Has something been knocked out of place at your end? - it is almost like you have put our landline calls on Call Divert and are just 'pinging' us a notification that we have a missed call rather than connecting the call. The outgoing calls are fine.

Thanks

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Thanks for the update and we'll check back in with you on Thursday.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Thanks Chris, Will do and I have now confirmed the appointment with openreach. Regards, Mitch

Message 9 of 23

I've booked the appointment for - September 12 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 10 of 23

OK, I'll book the first available appointment and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi Chris, still not working at our end. If the engineer visit could be booked. Thanks, Mitch

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Mitch, I've just tried something at our end, could you please retest and let me know if it's now working. If not then I'll go ahead and book the engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Chris, Yes the issue is still ongoing if you can book an engineer. Thanks Mitch

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi Mitch,

Can you just confirm that you still have the same issue and I'll book the engineer 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Whatever works best for you, @Mitch-in-Notts. If you are with your parents at the time, they will be able to vouch for you and pass ID checks with you there.

Long term it's an idea to make sure that your parents are registered as vulnerable due to their age, and perhaps be a nominated user etc so that you could help them from further away.

See:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-Accessibility/ct-p/talktalk-accessibility

and:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Power-of-Attorney-Authority-to-Act-Deputyship/ta-p/2205...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 17 of 23

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

@Mitch-in-Notts, you'll need to specifically say that you do accept potential engineer charges. 

Staff are not back on here before Monday now. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Michelle,

No I have removed the cables from the test socket and put the face plate back on. Tried phones again, same result.

Could you please book an engineer to visit, I accept any potential engineers charges. Any time or day as soon as possible is suitable.

Thanks,

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the update. Is the phone still connected to the test socket at the moment please? If the same fault is happening with 2 different phones then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. 

If you'd like to go ahead with this then please can you confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges and also provide a few days availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we can book the engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes