cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone rings weakly, then when I answer, it doesn't pick up

tmacman123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I also don't get a dial tone, and therefore can't dial out either.

I've tried disconnecting and testing with different phones but it all produces the same problem.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning @tmacman123 

Just checking back in to see if the voice fault has now been resolved for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi @tmacman123 

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved. Please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning @tmacman123 

Openreach have advised that this fault is linked to a bigger fault in your area and traffic management is required so the engineers can repair this fault. 

The Openreach contractors have been arranged to attend on 18/07/24 (external work required)  Further updates will be available on 19/07.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Morning @tmacman123 

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, no further updates have been provided at the moment.

I will continue to monitor this and I will post back as soon as I receive an update from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi @tmacman123 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line test has detected a line fault so I have escalated this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer (external investigation)

I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Yep, all added.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi tmacman123,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes