cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

REGULAR "GHOST CALLS" RECEIVED.

NigelCT
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Since changing to Full Fibre with VOIP 12 months ago my call log has been filling with "ghost" calls.

Every 30 minutes 24/7 a new entry appears in my call log, filling it every 25 hours. The call does not ring out, but in the call log it shows as a "No Number" call. Should I be in sight of the phone the blue light on the base station flashes for 30/40 seconds. If I pick up there's nobody there.

This goes on for around a month and then stops for 2 months before starting again.

I suspect some sort of monitoring signal from TT and this belief has been strengthened on a three hour Chat on the website today. On two occasions when I was told to turn off the router and then turn it back on, both times another ghost call was received. Nonetheless the Chat person couldn't sort it out.

Personally I'm wondering whether there is a mismatch in my system. In "My Account" I'm listed as having an Eero router, but I actually chose a Home Hub 2, as that gives me additional Ethernet ports. In the Chat I was told either should work, but surely my account ought to show I have the Home Hub.

Speculation on my part but I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar issues.

Otherwise the phone works fine, as it did before I had VOIP.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi @NigelCT 

Have you experienced this issue again since the changes I made yesterday morning?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi @NigelCT 

Apologies for this.

I've made some changes to resolve this issue. Please can you monitor for a couple of days and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I'll remove your duplicate thread. Keep this one.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.